APFS default in macOS 10.13 High Sierra

Not surprisingly OpenGl and CoreImage take a hit on a Retina display; I have an old issue come back :frowning: I’ll try to track it down next week.

btw: I’m still using OpenGL as Metal was only available from 10.11 and I’m still supporting older OS versions.

Slightly concerned about the beta…
On my Dev machine (which has been running release OSX) I downloaded ‘the installer’ for High Sierra

This turned out to be something that ‘allowed me to download beta installers’
So having run that, it downloaded and told me that the machine needed to be registered to use betas.
Intending to do that later, I shut down.

Booting up today, I find that the OS on my Dev machine is now reporting as 10.12.6beta
Fortunately, I can still build and code sign (always a big worry following a software update)

But as I wasn’t expecting to change the OS on the DEV machine… can I be sure that running the High Sierra beta install isnt going to unilaterally upgrade the Dev machine too, instead of allowing me to install to a USB drive ?

My friend had an issue where High Sierra was failing to install on his MacBook, he tried for two days, and to finally get it to install, it was a simple CMD+OPT+P+R on boot up…

BTW: The Installer asked if i wanted to convert to APFS, but not if i want to use case(in)sensitive. It converted to APFS case-insensitive. Good choice :wink:

App crashes when using cmd+q
Only happens on High Sierra

Crash report included in the feedback.

<https://xojo.com/issue/48326>

This is know as RESET the PRAM (Parameter RAM).

Emilie… Yup…

So does it look like APFS case-insensitive is the default for upgrades? Any idea about new installations? We can hope that Apple have decided to avoid a case-sensitive default because of compatibility concerns.

Tom:

this looks like the use of UTF vs old way of dealing with text.

The only way to walk to the future is to adopt as fast as we can the brand new paradigm (case sensitive) et vogue la galre !

Correction: Find Any File 1.9 does. Currently in beta.

[quote=334600:@Beatrix Willius]The debug.app isn’t deleted. In former times this happened now and then, now it’s always. I have an IDE script to delete the debug.app, which now fails. Need to do more investigation on this one.
[/quote]

I have the same issue… Did you resolve it ?

@Marc Couraud: check out <https://xojo.com/issue/49147> for 2 variations of the script that you need. Do you know where the IDE script needs to go?

Hope it helps:

i can’t connect to feedback, grrrr.
neither the login of forum nor the login of xojo works now…
can you copy the contents of the script here?

Take a look here please :slight_smile:

Ok Thanks Beatrix and Sascha, I try :slight_smile:

it works, it’s great!