Any Love for tvOS in the works?

I know how TVML works.

It would be more to-the-point to say “Viewpoint serves TVML through Xojo Web” than “Viewpoint is an open source, Xojo-based framework for developing Apple TV apps using a client-server model.”

But that would generate less hype, wouldn’t it.

Tim’s session at XDC was called “Powering Apple TV Apps With Xojo”. I think that was pretty clear.

Here’s the description: Tim Cook said: “We believe the future of TV is apps.” The Apple TV was released late last year and there are not yet many resources for making apps for it. Take advantage of this opportunity by leveraging your Xojo skills to power Apple TV apps. You’ll learn about the “Viewpoint” app that acts as an Apple TV app server to host an app’s assets (images, audio, files) and also dynamically generates the TVML files used for display. Come to this session to learn how to become a pioneer in the world of Apple TV apps!

I appreciate all the work he’s put in, but it’d be nice to be very clear that these are not tvOS apps in the way that Xojo makes Desktop, iOS, and Pi apps. It’s a clever workaround for using Xojo Web to serve TVML.

Xojo Web is a clever workaround for using Xojo to serve HTML and JavaScript. It’s the browser doing all the work!

THis is exactly the kind of stuff Steve wanted to do with the iPhone before the app store. Today, it is forbidden under iOS…