[ANN] SSG_ListBox 1.0

Drawing in cells would be cool too. :slight_smile:

[quote=26956:@Christophe De Vocht]Drawing in cells would be cool too. :slight_smile:
[/quote]

CellBackgroundPaint, CellTextPaint events – just like Xojo ListBox.

What about “spanning” ? All lines, fixed size, but some lines can “span” occupying, let’s say, 2 to 5 lines instead of just one. Internally you can trick things to the see the spaces of those lines as usual for calculus, but when drawing or editing those cells spanning over n lines, you have a multiline rectangle. Think how hard it is for your engine, maybe it can be done. Some lines could be multiples of the current line height.
Not even a request, just brainstorming…

The spanning approach is what Karen’s ListBox subclass essentially does (if I understand it correctly).

You can merge cell across rows and columns you can see what I mean here:
http://mysite.verizon.net/vzezdg8x/id5.html

Brad- I’m sure you get it and I know it compounds things but I still want it :slight_smile:
I’m a “pro” user so be sure to assign my request the full 60 points!

What happened to SSG ListBox?

Brad decided he did not want anything to do with the Xojo community so pulled all his Xojo projects.

If you are interested you can find my listbox subclass at:

http://www.katkosoft.com/Mergeable%20Listbox%20Page/MergeableCellListbox.html

I needed AID in a project and I implemented it, but it was not that easy.

A: Append a Column (easy)
I: Insert a Column: uses a temporary Window to let the user set the COlumn Name and Column Location,
(In fact, append a column, move the data from the left to the right and then clear the useless data from the column I "inserted"…)
D: Delete a Column: if it is the last column, it is easy, else, I have to move all data one column to the left and delete the last Column. Also needs a temp window to let the user set the Column # to delete.

Of course, a PopOver would be far better than a real window.

At last, renaming one Cell Heading is done with a click / display a temp window, set the new text and close the temp window.

The worst in doing all of these was… to think to the desing ? No, it was to believe this is possible, then think to how it can be done. And I think there can be more ways to achieve the same goal.

Is ssg listbox dead?

See Karen’s answer above.

Thanks, i did not see that. Too bad. I guess i asked it before also. Always looking for xojo components.