Alternative solutions for converting html to pdf

So I guess what the above URL2PDF tool does could be achieved with your Plugins, too…?
That would be a nice example (console) project for your plugin(s)… :wink:

Thanks! I’ll do some testing. I can’t figure out where the source code of the cli is.

Normally, you need a html viewer for printing from html to pdf to work if you don’t want to write the super hard work of doing a html parser yourself. That’s why WKHtmlToPDF is just a wrapper for a html viewer. pyhtml2pdf is just a wrapper for headless Chrome.

@Anthony_G_Cyphers in this thread you’ve referred to “the next version” a few times - care to share a specific release number? Was that included in 44 or 44.1? Or is it still in the hopper?

I’m looking for a replacement to wkhtmltopdf that I’ve been using for years. I’m generating html-formatted reports using all local resources (I.e., no images to load from external servers, etc).

Any examples you may have for the new GraffitiHtmlToPDF would be excellent (your current docs don’t seem to have any that I could find… )

Thanks!

The version referred to was Release 44, which was released on April 1st. The documentation can be found here, and it is included in the demo project.

1 Like

The first email I tried gave an “An error occurred” dialog.

Another way is to run LibreOffice to convert html to PDF.
Seems to work also.

yeah, but that means requiring that Libreoffice is installed to use your app, that wont cut it for me at least

My users convert 10s of thousands of emails to PDF.

I know, but others may be interested in a solution for themselves.