A Modest Proposal

I dont think @Jay_Menna or almost any other would said that renaming keywords, with all the IDE and compiler changes needed then rewriting the documentation, was more important than Bug Fixes or actual improvements.

Positivism is way to relative. In other forums the owners ask for real feedback, they see hard criticism as a POSITIVE thing, usually post new ideas and those geet discarded or changed with the comunity input way before changes. Here a small grout take the decition, even if the user says it is a bad idea are ignored, the ā€œfeature is implementedā€ and whe had releases that have to ve retired because xojo didnt listen that renaming current events was a bad idea.

But well, if xojo wants ā€œeverithig is awesomeā€ kind of positivity, its ok, its your product, you decide how to run your bussiness.

many users leaving, many users complaining, maybe all are just trolls and you are right in everithing.

To be honest I am absolutely sick of people hijacking threads to push their personal attacks on Xojo and fellow users. No product is perfect - Iā€™ve used many in my 35 year IT career. The product is pretty damn good at what it does though and Iā€™m more than happy to pay my subscription.

26 Likes

Thanks Mark, It is a shame that so many people dedicate their time to personal attacks and the like, over and over again :slight_smile: Thanks for sticking it out and voicing reason. Please know how much support like yours helps the teamā€™s morale!

11 Likes

Is this thread derailed or itā€™s just me? Even, I think that the multiple aswsers / points of view about if Xojo should be OpenSource or not cover pretty well the exposed in the initial entry. So, everything else seems to starts to fall in kind of ā€œnoiseā€. :thinking:

11 Likes

This is a good place to close this discussion as it has been off topic for a while.

15 Likes