80 Language Translation Class

Well, this quote just came over Twitter and seems apropos:

“Tell the truth or someone will tell it for you.” - Stephanie Klein

Xojo needs to follow that too…

This said, I think Matt is a very good coder (I think I remember a virusscanner in VB6 some years ago?) and has shown some great out-of-the-box thinking (which I like!) on many other topics on this forum.

So let’s blame this little misstep on youthful enthusiasm, to much coffee and that darn economy…

I guess you could publish your "iOS compiler " in Europe only. The rules are different here apply to more common sense. Could you imagine if Microsoft have the same kind of restriction in there Visual Studio compilers ?

[quote=76682:@Alain Bailleul]This said, I think Matt is a very good coder (I think I remember a virusscanner in VB6 some years ago?) and has shown some great out-of-the-box thinking (which I like!) on many other topics on this forum.

So let’s blame this little misstep on youthful enthusiasm, to much coffee and that darn economy…[/quote]

I’m afraid I wouldn’t accept any of those excuses.

[quote=76229:@Matthew Combatti]Translate to and from over 80 Languages!

For a limited time, the SimTranslator Class for Xojo will be available at HALF PRICE, marked-down from $80 to $40 per serial number![/quote]

Nice tool. But on my windows 7 platform it shows funny characters when I try to translate from English to Thai.

Hmm…

1. On Windows 7 I starts the “resource Monitor” from command line: permon /res

2. When I run the “Simulanics Translator Class” I get following in Resource Monitor Network: “Image = DebugTranslator.exe, Address = fra07s27-in-f14.1e100.net” (The network address change ones a while)

3. When I make a query on robtext.com for IP “fra07s27-in-f14.1e100.net” it shows the route is going to google: https://www.robtex.com/dns/fra07s27-in-f14.1e100.net.html#graph

It is unfortunate that Matthew cornered himself into lying about his SimTranslate idea. A lie is a lie is a lie. No amount of explanations can excuse such an attitude. Especially after strangely defensive and sometime aggressive rants, probably meant to deflect scrutiny. It falls on him to come clean ASAP, which I strongly suggest.

That said, it must be said that he is a good programmer and his class works well at interacting with Google Translate. If he had been able to present it in good faith, the discussion could have been a lot more rewarding.

The concept of robotizing web sites is interesting. I will try to explore it, and have started a new discussion about it :
https://forum.xojo.com/10694-web-robot-with-httpsocket

Two problems I have with this: he continues to try and sell it instead of removing it from his site. And when he was called out for his deception, he didn’t back down but continued to defend it with rants and more nonsense. At that point my penchant for forgiveness faded!

Seriously, he has some b*lls to think he could con a forum of programmers.

@Gavin Smith I’m afraid I must agree with you. Must have been me being in an early forgiving Easter spirit this morning (or a lack of sleep). Indeed, taking it of his site and a refund of those he tricked should be in order.