2014r2: webapp in iFrame ??

I will say that anyone who is not included by default should already have submitted a number of well written actionable bug reports.
It goes a long way to convincing us that you’d be a good addition.

Additionally, each of us has our focus points. I don’t use the Web toolset much, but I beat the heck out of networking, arrays, classes, dictionaries, and the shell. I also make heavy use of Linux and Windows comparisons against my OS X core development and a number of in-house and 3rd party plugins. I also have access to non-released versions of all three platforms that I test on and report back privately if needed.

These are the things that I test explicitly and report on regularly.

Add me to the list of people who have problems with this. We have a few interactive forms on our main website that iFrame in pages from our WebApp. They have the base url but different prefixes (webapp.example.com instead of www.example.com)

I also have plans for a webapp the will work exclusively by partner websites embedding components using iFrames.

Can you explain how to do this? When debugging I don’t see “X-Frame-Options” as one of the headers. Does it not have this for debug sessions? What is the proper way to remove it since there is no remove function? Do I just blank it out? In the PrepareSession event I have

For i as integer = 0 to Session.HeaderCount - 1 if HeaderName(i) = "X-Frame-Options" Then Header(Session.HeaderName(i)) = "" Next
Will this be enough to take care of it for good?

Brock, see the parameter passed to Session.PrepareSession. You can modify it.

The only parameter passed is the byRef HTMLHeader but this only contains my javascript librariers I’m importing. There is nothing in there about “X-Frame-Options”. Since my app contains a custom HTMLHeader property does it maybe ignore the built in one that is suppose to send the X-Frame-Options etc… ?

Unfortunately you can’t. HTMLHeader is not the same as HTML Headers.

HTMLHeader (in our framework) represents the contents of the tag in the HTML file itself, whereas HTML Headers are where the X-Frame-Options header would live. As has been mentioned, this change is being reverted for 2.1 until such time as we can add a setting for turning this feature off if you really don’t want it.

Hmmmm. This might require a JavaScript work-around. I think they’re said they’re working on a better workaround. Maybe pay close attention to that :-).

Unfortunately not even Javascript will help you out here.

Hi!

I just made the update to 2014r2 and found out that my apps dont run in an iframe anymore.

I will be never able to run my apps on the server where the website runs. So i use the iframes.

So please give me an exactly workarround so that my apps are still running in an iframe.

Thanks!

Andreas

P.S. I dont understand how a web app in the xojo cloud should run on the web, if not used in an iframe???

I think this is not correct. Many users use iframes to circumvent the limitations of Xojo WE.

If you are in the Beta program, I’d encourage you to check out the latest version available there.

[quote=108815:@olivier vidal]I think this is not correct. Many users use iframes to circumvent the limitations of Xojo WE.
[/quote]

They get it now.

Hi again!

Sorry! Is it still possible to run the apps from my Xojo-Cloud in an iframe or not???

Sorry, i am not english, so i dont understand your discussion here!

Thanks!

Andreas

No - not at the moment

[quote=108827:@Andreas Arriens]Hi again!

Sorry! Is it still possible to run the apps from my Xojo-Cloud in an iframe or not???[/quote]

What if he uses 2013R3.3 ?

If you are in the Beta program, I’d encourage you to check out the latest version available there.

No, i am not in the beta programm. If yes, i had told that this is not the right way to associate with a customer.

Just to cancel this improtant function!

Why is it not possible to give the app the information of the server where the iframe comes from?

This would kill the problem, that anyone could run your app on his own website?

What did you thougt, how an app should run?

Thanks!

Andreas

With 2014 r1 it still worked too!

So why don’t you come back to it ? That would solve your immediate problem.

[quote=108845:@Andreas Arriens]No, i am not in the beta programm. If yes, i had told that this is not the right way to associate with a customer.
[/quote]

Your tag line indicates that you are in the beta program. So jump over to the beta channel on this forum, and see if there’s something that might help you. Since you’re new to betas, maybe post a note in that channel and you might get some help managing releases and betas so you can still work effectively.