How to outline an image ?

1. 2 weeks ago

Emile S

May 12 Europe (France, Strasbourg)
    Edited 2 weeks ago

-image-

I shared above the test image I want to set an outline to. Of course, this is an example of what I want to work on.

The outline is not a rectangle nor a circle nor…, but a two pixels (or more) black dots all around (and inside the two 'a's) the image.

I’ve made two kinds of searches: programmatically (and that leaded to create two masks…) and via google: most of the answers are about how to add a rectangle around the graphic (with or without a graphic software…).
    My google search sentence ended to:

site:stackoverflow.com Draw a black outline around a figure -matlab -Adobe -matplotlib -Text

I get two different results with my current code:
    the same image, but black instead of red,
    the above inverted image (the original image in white, the remainding of the image is black).

Now, I test two pixels in two loops: the first is white, the second is not white: I draw a black pixel. That meant (in my mind) I found the first pixel of an image, but I was wrong, this does not works.
    I am short of testing ideas / google search sentence.

Ideas are welcome.

2. Julian S

May 12 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro UK

Here's some code I wrote for someone on the forum that uses GDI+ in Widnows. Don't ask me to do it on mac :)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/700epl686afoln1/OutlineText.xojo_binary_project?dl=0

-image-

3. Emile S

May 12 Europe (France, Strasbourg)
    Edited 2 weeks ago

Thanks Julian, I will explorate the project.

Once I can run Windows ! ;)

or Sign Up to reply!