Feedback.app 2018r1.1 is crashing on start.

1. 8 months ago

Thomas T

4 Apr 2019 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro Europe (Germany, Munich)
    Edited 8 months ago

It's apparently the latest version. I'm on macOS 10.13.6.

Every time I launch the app, I get:

Feedback has encountered an error. Feedback cannot continue ... Please relaunch to report the issue.

I cannot view nor enter new reports because of this.

What now?

2. Thomas T

4 Apr 2019 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro Answer Europe (Germany, Munich)

Guess what - deleting the "Feedback.db" file in the ~/Library/Application Support/Xojo/Feedback folder helped. So, it got apparently corrupted somehow. Meh.

3. Richard N

4 Apr 2019 Pre-Release Testers

At least you got it going! Feedback 2018r1.1 does not work at all on Yosemite 10.10.5.
    No window opens, even with Command-N. Quitting the app always results in this error:

Condition: nullptr == mIterators

4. Emile S

4 Apr 2019 Europe (France, Strasbourg)
    Edited 8 months ago

Do you know about Xojo Feedback 2018r1.2 ?

5. Thomas T

5 Apr 2019 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro Europe (Germany, Munich)

Emile, yesterday, when I downloaded Feedback from the Xojo website (had to look for a while to find the download), it was just 2018r1.1. Where did you find r1.2?

6. Tim P

5 Apr 2019 Pre-Release Testers Rochester, NY

@ThomasTempelmann Emile, yesterday, when I downloaded Feedback from the Xojo website (had to look for a while to find the download), it was just 2018r1.1. Where did you find r1.2?

Not sure, but that's the version on the Feedback.app I have. I just confirmed that the download is for 18r1.1 though. @Greg OLone ?

7. Alberto D

5 Apr 2019 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro
    Edited 8 months ago

r1.2 was available for a short while, now the latest is r1.1 until next release.

8. Emile S

5 Apr 2019 Europe (France, Strasbourg)

Thank you for the answer for where I get Feedback 1.2. I totally forgot.

I installed it and use it (for readings) here and then. And I was surprised I was alone to talk about it.

Now, is it working or not is a different subject since I do not reported any Feedback since a while (far before 1.2 was released.

9. 4 months ago

Michael D

Aug 9 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro
    Edited 4 months ago

I just migrated my macbook pro to a new macbook pro, and now I'm having the same problem - "Communication with the feedback master server has failed." Any solutions?

Edit: tried deleting Feedback.db - no change, then deleted the ~/Library/Application Support/Xojo/Feedback folder. No change.

or Sign Up to reply!