dyld symbol not found

I’m completely new to xojo and picking up an existing project that someone else worked on

I’m able to build successfully(on a mac), but when I run the resulting app on the command line I get this:

[code]dyld: lazy symbol binding failed: Symbol not found: _ControlTransparentSetter
Referenced from: /Users/admin/workspace/crueraseandrestore/Builds - EraseAndRestore.xojo_project/OS X 64 bit/CRU.app/Contents/MacOS/./CRU
Expected in: /Users/admin/workspace/crueraseandrestore/Builds - EraseAndRestore.xojo_project/OS X 64 bit/CRU.app/Contents/MacOS/./…/Frameworks/XojoFramework.framework/Versions/A/XojoFramework

dyld: Symbol not found: _ControlTransparentSetter
Referenced from: /Users/admin/workspace/crueraseandrestore/Builds - EraseAndRestore.xojo_project/OS X 64 bit/CRU.app/Contents/MacOS/./CRU
Expected in: /Users/admin/workspace/crueraseandrestore/Builds - EraseAndRestore.xojo_project/OS X 64 bit/CRU.app/Contents/MacOS/./…/Frameworks/XojoFramework.framework/Versions/A/XojoFramework[/code]

I can’t find any references to ControlTransparentSetter in the project, in this forum, in the docs, or online in general

I’m from a Java background so this looks similar to a ClassNotFoundException to me?

Any help would be appreciated

Some questions…
0. What version of Xojo are you using now?
0. What version was the app last built with?
0. Are you using any plugins?

@Greg O’Lone

[quote=426489:@Greg O’Lone]Some questions…
0. What version of Xojo are you using now?
0. What version was the app last built with?
0. Are you using any plugins?[/quote]

1. Version 2018 Release 4
  2. Not sure, probably an older version
  3. IDE plugins? No

nvm, figured out that we have to build this with version 2017 release 2.1, thanks for your help

@Adam Spence

Why?

The answer might help someone

@brian franco

I don’t know why

I looked at the original xojo_project file from before I made any changes and this was near the top:

RBProjectVersion=2017.021

I figured I needed that version of the xojo ide so i downloaded it , built the project using it, and it ran successfully

Roger that :smiley:

Glad you got it running correctly