Tabpanel Bleed thru?

Wrote an app on macOS… .there is a TabPanel with 3 panes… each pane has an instance of a custom control based on a Canvas, then a series of labels, checkboxes and dropdown menus.

This works and display perfectly on macOS… but when I run it (via Remote Debugger) on Win10, the panes each look like *&@!. controls from other panes are partially draw, sometime faded, sometimes not… But basically it is a scrambled mess. Even the stuff that SHOULD be displayed is jumbled, and mostly not in the right location even.

Xojo2018r4

Edit : if I click on a non-control area in a pane, it seem to redraw… better… but still not 100% correctly

It’s probably a bug but without a little demo project I couldn’t say for sure.

I will see if I can duplicate it in a small project.

I did try this.
set Doublebuffer to True on all ContainerControls and Canvas.

This “helped”… it drew more correctly… except that when I changed Panels, I had actually click the panel to get it to update

did you set “transprency” to true ? could help.

No, it’s a feature: <https://xojo.com/issue/52904> :smiley:

I can’t see that case.

@Sascha S
That case is Private to you (and Xojo).
I could make the case Public, but your Private comments would still be hidden.
Just let me know.

[quote=422380:@Robin Lauryssen-Mitchell]@Sascha S
That case is Private to you (and Xojo).
I could make the case Public, but your Private comments would still be hidden.
Just let me know.[/quote]

Sure, do it please. thank you.

Done.
If you want it changed back, just let me know.

That has been fixed for a while now? I’m confused, or was it just a quick joke?

It had been rated as Bug by Greg and never been marked a fixed.
And Dave’s description reminded me of this issue.

No joke intended :slight_smile:

[quote=422390:@Sascha S]It had been rated as Bug by Greg and never been marked a fixed.
[/quote]

But Stephane Pinel has closed the case.

[quote]This case has been closed because the behavior described is not a bug.[/quote] :frowning:

[quote=422390:@Sascha S]It had been rated as Bug by Greg and never been marked a fixed.
And Dave’s description reminded me of this issue.

No joke intended :)[/quote]

Ah I see. It’s a bit difficult to test without a small sample project as I’m just guessing at how your layout is designed from the one screenshot :slight_smile: There’s one thing I no longer do here, underestimate the number of embedded controls that people use :wink:

Yes

Julian, Sasha, Paul. Please clarify what you are going back and forth about… I looked at the Feedback case, and not even sure what it says

Window1

• TABPANEL
  • TEXTAREA

Tabpanel - Pane1

• 7 Labels
  • 5 Popup Menus
  • 6 Checkboxes
  • 2 Textfields
  • Custom Control-A - based on CANVAS

Tabpanel - Pane2

• 5 Labels
  • 3 Pushbuttons
  • 4 Popup Menus
  • 6 Checkboxes
  • 2 TextFields
  • Custom Control-B - based on CONTAINER CONTROL (contains a control set of Custom-A)

Tabpanel - Pane3

• 6 Labels
  • 2 Pushbuttons
  • 3 Popup Menus
  • 5 Checkboxes
  • 2 TextFields
  • Custom Control-C - based on CONTAINER CONTROL (contains a control set of Custom-A)

Xojo2018r4
This works and looks fantastic under macOS (Mojave), but not even close to useable under Win10

Not to mention that even if it were… the standard controls under WIndows look anemic

The Main Window has a PagePanel with a Container on each Page.
Within the Container on the Screenshot is a TabPanel.
And the Controls on this TabPanel’s Page’s are not transparent.
The workaround was to change the transparency settings of the TabPanel.

I think this happened around the time when we all saw weird transparency issues with the move to D2D. But i may be wrong… :slight_smile:

So is this a bug? a feature? Does this mean my custom controls won’t work for Windows? :frowning:

FYI… changing Transparency on the Tabpanel has no effect.

Basicly parts of CustomB on pane2 show up on Pane3 and vice-versa, parts of CustomC from pane3 show up on Pane2
but only parts,

[quote=422410:@Sascha S]The workaround was to change the transparency settings of the TabPanel.

[/quote]
this is also what I found myself, by “accident” transparency has the opposite behaviour we should expect.
false-> you see through the panels
true-> you have independant panels.

but Dave says it doesn’t solve in his project ?

That is a true statement. Tabpanel HAD been transparent, but setting it to FALSE did not solve the issue.

The two custom controls that are based on ContainerControls however ARE transparent, but even changing them doesn’t seem to make a difference.

I have given the entire project code to another developer I know, to see if they can determine something.
I have tried to recreate it with a simple project, but to no avail. And I don’t want to release the entire source code, as I hope to make it into a revenue stream soon

Update
I have compile and run this on a “real” Windows computer with the same results, so that removes the possiblity that the “remote debugger” contributed to the issue. Also it has been run under a WIndows VM with similar results