Toolbar for DarkMode

1. 2 weeks ago

Jeff T

Jan 5 Midlands of England, Europe

I have Killer Toolbar which has served me well for some time.
    My version isn't compatible with Xojo2018 , and I am looking for a replacement, since I cannot buy an upgrade (without paying full price for a bundle of other things I don't want or need)
    What are other people using for toolbars and are any of them DarkMode friendly?

2. Dave S

Jan 5 San Diego, California USA
    Edited 2 weeks ago

I created an "IconButton" class that replaces "BevelButton" and use a series of those in lieu of a toolbar

It is Darkmode and Retina compatible, allows for 4 sizes of icons, that can be placed either Above, left, right or below a caption. or it can have only a caption or only an icon-image-

3. Jeff T

with all respect

Actually:
    a/ I quite like it
    b/ The Xojo toolbar isn't good enough for me
    c/ That's far from respectful.

4. Mike C

Jan 5 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro North Carolina (USA)
    Edited 2 weeks ago

@SubSonics ;.. !@#$% and with all respect, that looks awful and in no way how a macOS toolbar should look unless you want your app to look like a 20-year-old app. Don't do that, even for Windows it would be shameful.

I would instead use the default Xojo toolbar and enable the darkmode support when compiling. That'll do.

That is your opinion and you are certainly entitled, but I STRONGLY recommend you take a look at your candor. It is not respectful, professional, and its honestly mean.

Perhaps you should read the Forum Etiquette post.
    https://forum.xojo.com/46994-forum-etiquette-and-notices-2018/0

5. Roger C

Jan 5 Lewis Center, OH

@Dave Sizemore. Is your bevel btn class available to the community?

6. Dave S

Jan 5 San Diego, California USA
    Edited 2 weeks ago

@Roger C @Dave Sizsemore. Is your bevel btn class available to the community?

It is.... I am asking a $10.00 donation

http://www.rdsisemore.com/donate.html

I will email an unencrypted demo including the class to the email address on the Paypal receipt

7. Sam R

Jan 5 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro Hengchun, Pingtung, Taiwan

@Jeff T What are other people using for toolbars and are any of them DarkMode friendly?

The macOS toolbar.

With the built-in functions and some declares from my own Retina Kit, I am able to create a toolbar that suits my needs, however I don't target Windows (yet) and so that may change.

Also for some applications, I use declares to bring the window contents up into the titlebar area and there use regular controls.

8. Personally, I am using Christian's NSToolbarMBS https://www.monkeybreadsoftware.net/class-nstoolbarmbs.shtml for this

-image-

9. Jeff T

Thats not bad, but its not cross platform.
    Which is my big issue. I cant see a way to do NSToolbar for mac and (say) Ribbon toolbar for Windows, using the same Window.

10. Dave S

Jan 6 San Diego, California USA

Please realize that what I offered was an "IconButton" a replacement for BevelButton, not a direct replacement for Toolbar, although it can be used to build such a substitute.

or Sign Up to reply!