Error on Run and Build (Mac)

I keep getting an error that says my app is still running when I Run or Build. I have to go in to my Documents/NewApps folder where I keep my xojo project and drag the build folder to the trash if I want to Run or Build to avoid the error. Not sure if it’s related but I just upgraded to the latest version of High Sierra 10.13.3. The folder has read and write permissions and I actually am quitting the app when done testing (not just closing the window) but can’t figure out why it thinks it’s still running. Here is the error I keep getting:
Is there a way of tracking down what’s running (if anything?). I didn’t see anything obvious in Activity Monitor. Running XOJO 2017 release 2.1.

It is, and thats the cause.

You may need to remove the old builds folder and debug folder to run or build again.

yeah that’s what I’ve been doing. PITA.

I have had the same with older versions of xojo not the latest… perhaps the folder may be in use on your machine.

They found out it was the icon file that gets stuck in use. This bug report (visible only to pre-release testers) says that it has been Fixed & Verified but there’s no IDE version associated with that yet: <https://xojo.com/issue/50340>

My personal recommendation is “Upgrade to a more familiar experience.” (meaning downgrade back to Sierra)

It looks to me that this was marked as a beta fix for 2017r3, so it is worth trying the current version of Xojo to see if you still have the issue.

I’ve been having some problems lately with not being able to reliably delete, copy, and rename files in 10.13.3. Is it possible those problems are connected to this icon problem? The only icons they have are their assigned document icons.

And if that is the problem, what do I need to do about icons to fix this?

[quote=373144:@John McKernon]I’ve been having some problems lately with not being able to reliably delete, copy, and rename files in 10.13.3. Is it possible those problems are connected to this icon problem? The only icons they have are their assigned document icons.

And if that is the problem, what do I need to do about icons to fix this?[/quote]
I’m not sure if the problem extends to document icons. The solution was to have a pre-build script that forcibly removed a lingering debug build. I wish I could find the thread for you, but I’m not having luck with the forum today.

One of those days… I’ll dig into it, thank you!

I have noticed that in some cases, like my build folders, I cannot simply right-click and delete them. I have to actually drag them to the trash under 10.13.3.

Did you test force restart finder?

yes, force restarted Finder and even restarted the computer.

oh, I found that I can indeed right-click on the folder to delete it BUT i have to actually click on the NAME of the build folder, not the folder icon itself. If I control-click on the name of the folder I can get a menu to Send to Trash. I don’t remember that mattering before. I thought I control-clicked the icon all the time before to prevent it from selecting the name. At least I can dump the previous build folder a little easier now.