Will these new RPI products work with Xojo?

1. last week

Tim S

Jan 12 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro Phoenix Arizona USA

Hello all.

Can anyone tell me if these RPi's work with Xojo or not?
    Compute Module Raspberry Pi 3
    Pi Zero W

The docs say that the Pi Zero is not supported, but I was wondering if that may have changed with the latest Pi Zero W ow available.
    Thanks,
    Tim

2. Paul L

Jan 12 Xojo Inc http://developer.xojo.com

@Tim S Pi Zero W

This only adds wireless capabilities. The CPU did not change, still does not support ARMv7 and thus cannot run Xojo apps.

@Tim S Compute Module Raspberry Pi 3

This is just a shrunken Raspberry Pi 3. It uses the same CPU, although slightly slower, as the Pi 3 (BCM2837) and thus should be able to run Xojo apps.

3. Tim S

Thanks Paul,
    Tim

4. Gavin S

Jan 12 Pre-Release Testers UK

I can confirm from experience that the Compute Module 3 works fine with Xojo apps.

5. Tim S

Thanks Gavin.
    Do you know if the Compute Module 3 has the same problem with the UART as does the Pi 3b? Or does it really have 2 hardware UARTS?

Thanks again Everyone!
    Tim

6. Gavin S

@Tim S Thanks Gavin.
    Do you know if the Compute Module 3 has the same problem with the UART as does the Pi 3b? Or does it really have 2 hardware UARTS?

Thanks again Everyone!
    Tim

Same problem I’m afraid but, as with the Pi itself, there are workarounds on the official forums. Can dig up some code if you need it.

7. Tim S

Thanks Gavin.
    I found the code too and got the RPi3 working. The the Compute Module3 have on-board wifi and Blue Tooth? Reviewing the docs it was hard to tell if they were on-board. My thought is that they are not, but figured I'd ask while writing to you.

BTW, what are you using yours for?

Thanks,
    Tim

8. Gavin S

Edited last week

@Tim S Thanks Gavin.
    I found the code too and got the RPi3 working. The the Compute Module3 have on-board wifi and Blue Tooth? Reviewing the docs it was hard to tell if they were on-board. My thought is that they are not, but figured I'd ask while writing to you.

Nope, no WiFi or Bluetooth onboard but there is 4GB of storage (except on the Lite version). Unless you have specific requirements, the Pi 3 is usually the way to go as it’s so capable and versatile. What are you working on?

@Tim S BTW, what are you using yours for?

The CM3s weren’t mine but I did use 2 of them in a small project last year for a retail client. They’re in custom interactive displays where the space was too tight for the full Pi.

I’ve lots of Pis at home though, more than I ever use. There’s an inverse relationship between the amount of Pis I buy and the amount of free time I have! But my daughter and I did a nature cam project in the backyard a couple of years ago, sensing animal movement at night and capturing footage and sending a notification to her Pi in her bedroom. Fun stuff.

9. 4 days ago

Tim S

Jan 15 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro Phoenix Arizona USA

Will the Raspberry Pi 1 Model A+ work with Xojo??
    Thanks again!
    Tim

10. Jean-Yves P

Jan 15 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro Europe (France, Besancon)

@Tim S Will the Raspberry Pi 1 Model A+ work with Xojo??
    Thanks again!
    Tim

no

or Sign Up to reply!