We have encountered some very strange behavior on WebEdditon and Google chrome. We can reproduce the problem at will, but We cant seem to narrow down WHY it is happening.
It is potentially an issue that is big enough to bring down any Xojo web app. It explains some weird Xojo Cloud issues that @Greg OLone has indicated is probably "out of memory
We are looking for suggestions to isolate the problem /(bug?)
• We have subclassed WebTextField.
• Let call the class New_WebTextField
• In New_WebTextField.LostFocus we are doing some minor stuff like trimming white space from the user input, checking to see if it s validly formatted email address etc.
• We put a New_WebTextField on a page. Call it Webpage1.New_WebTextField1
* No code calls Call it Webpage1.New_WebTextField.text in any way
Run the app
Safari: No issue
Edge: No Issue
Chrome: User #1 No Issue
Chrome User #2 : !! The LostFocus event fires even if we don't touch the New_WebTextField.
and when we move to the next page New_WebTextField.LostFocus fire in an infinite loop until the app is dragged
Switch to another user other than User #2 and no issue.
Tried User 2 on multiple macs and multiple IP addresses --> no glory
User #2 had Chrome Sync Anywhere turned on. We turned it off. --> no glory
Turn off all chome extension -->no glory
Can anyone think of any other "Switch" to flip and test? We are at a dead end.