Bring ListBox selection into view

1. 2 months ago

David C

Aug 19 Boston, MA

if an item in a listbox is being selected via selected(n) and it is out of view or beyond the scroll area, how can i
    bring that item in the list into view ie ( auto scroll to that item and selected it )

Ex: listBox.Selected(n) = TRUE

ListBox.ScrollPosition
    Property (As Integer)
    aListBox.ScrollPosition = newIntegerValue
    or
    IntegerValue = aListBox.ScrollPosition
    Zero-based index of the top visible row in the ListBox.

Read ScrollPosition to determine the top visible row; write to ScrollPosition to scroll the ListBox. When the scrollbar thumb is scrolled to the bottom, ScrollPosition cannot be incremented any further.

2. Dave S

Aug 19 Answer San Diego, California USA

ListBox.ScrollPosition
    Property (As Integer)
    aListBox.ScrollPosition = newIntegerValue
    or
    IntegerValue = aListBox.ScrollPosition
    Zero-based index of the top visible row in the ListBox.

Read ScrollPosition to determine the top visible row; write to ScrollPosition to scroll the ListBox. When the scrollbar thumb is scrolled to the bottom, ScrollPosition cannot be incremented any further.

3. David C

Aug 19 Boston, MA

ok great thank you !!

4. 2 weeks ago

Anthony M

Oct 11 Pre-Release Testers, Xojo Pro
    Edited 2 weeks ago by Anthony M

I have a similar problem. How would one do this if the selected item hasn't changed but the list order has, i.e. when sorted? For example, I have a listbox with 100 items and I click the header to sort the listbox the selected item may no longer be visible. How can I find the selected item and then scroll to that position?

5. Emile S

Oct 11 Europe (France, Strasbourg)

Get the Selected Row number, then follow Dave's advice.

@Anthony M How can I find the selected item

In the Listbox Class reference, you will found an example to search all Selected Rows (one in your case).

or Sign Up to reply!