Validate entries in Web Combo Box

Hello,
I have created a web custom combo box.
What i have to do is to let the user only enter the values that are present in the combo box list.
For example:
if the list have values : 1.20, 1.00, 2.00
So the user can enter : 1, and if he tries to enter 2 after that, it should not be allowed. Only “.” can be entered or there should be list shown from which he can select using arrow keys.

The list of combo box changes dynamically i.e it is dependent on values of other popup menu.
How can this be done?

Thank in advance

You will have to use Javascript and the onkeydown JavaScript event for that kind of entry control.
https://www.w3schools.com/jsref/event_onkeydown.asp

It is the web equivalent of Desktop Keydown, which will let you inhibit keys, and decide what the user can enter.

However, if you are not comfortable with JavaScript, the best you can do is to use a WebPopupMenu instead, so you are sure only the values in the list can be used.

Wait, if the user is only allowed to use the specified values, why are you using a combo box? Most UI guidelines would indicate that you should be using a popupmenu with the values the user is allowed to select from.

Is “Web Combo Box” new?

I’m still searching for it. Didn’t know that this exist. I always want a Web ComboBox!

[What I understand with “Combo Box”: A Popup Menu with the option to add a own value.]

[quote=343018:@Marcel Zimmer]Is “Web Combo Box” new?

I’m still searching for it. Didn’t know that this exist. I always want a Web ComboBox!

[What I understand with “Combo Box”: A Popup Menu with the option to add a own value.][/quote]
There is currently no WebComboBox control.