hvHTML don't show pdf in Linux

1. last year

for pdf converted from tiff

hvHTML.LoadPage fi

works on my MacOSX 10.12.4

but it doesn't work

on my Ubuntu 14.04 LTS

How can I still show it within my mainWindow

Again Safari and the underlying engine on OS X has support for things that most browsers don't because of the support that CoreGraphics gives Safari
    So while most major browsers and underlying engines do not support PDF or TIFF ( see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_web_browsers#Image_format_support ) Safari does

I'd use PNG or JPG

If you have imagemagick installed on Linux it may be able to convert the TIFF to a JPG or PNG

2. PDF viewing is not built into the HTMLViewer itself
    On OS X The underlying OS control has a way to do this
    On Linux it does not

You'd need "something else" to

• maybe turn the PDF into an image
    • a plugin likeDynaPDF to open & show the PDF
  3. Michel B

9 May 2017 Pre-Release Testers RubberViews.com

Or simply display the TIFF, and not turn it into a PDF in the first place ...

4. TIFF file displaying with HTMLViewer1.LoadPage fi works on Mac but doesn't
    work on Linux
    is it possible to wrap in <html tags>
    Anybody have a simple example?

5. Michel B

9 May 2017 Pre-Release Testers RubberViews.com

Convert it to png or jpeg.

6. Norman P

9 May 2017 Xojo Inc Answer

Again Safari and the underlying engine on OS X has support for things that most browsers don't because of the support that CoreGraphics gives Safari
    So while most major browsers and underlying engines do not support PDF or TIFF ( see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_web_browsers#Image_format_support ) Safari does

I'd use PNG or JPG

If you have imagemagick installed on Linux it may be able to convert the TIFF to a JPG or PNG

7. i'm able to convert the files in terminal with mogrify/convert from the imagemagick package
    but it splits multiple pages in different files, so i have to handle it twice (png_view and pdf_store)

Thanks for your advice

or Sign Up to reply!