Formatted Text Control 3.1.9

BKeeney Software has released version 3.1.8 of the Formatted Text Control, a canvas based word processing control for Xojo Mac OS X and Windows applications. The FTC is an alternative to the built-in TextArea control and allows for in-line graphics, hyperlinks, custom components, better RTF support and much more. The demo project has quite a few examples, including a Masked Text Field, RBScript example, Embedded FTC (in your own canvas), as well as the word processor with page view.

This is a maintenance release and fixes a number of bugs that have been uncovered in the past several months. It is highly recommended for users that are building for HiDPI applications.

The Formatted Text Control costs $150 and is 100% unencrypted Xojo code. Version 3 and above requires the use of the Text Input Canvas plugin (included in package) to allow for proper text handling in Cocoa builds.

Download links and more information at http://www.bkeeney.com/formatted-text-control/

Thank you Bob :slight_smile:

BKeeney Software has released version 3.1.9 of the Formatted Text Control, a canvas based word processing control for Xojo Mac OS X and Windows applications. The FTC is an alternative to the built-in TextArea control and allows for in-line graphics, hyperlinks, custom components, better RTF support and much more. The demo project has quite a few examples, including a Masked Text Field, RBScript example, Embedded FTC (in your own canvas), as well as the word processor with page view.

This is a maintenance release and fixes the following things:

• Fixed issue with view scale < 1.0 setting up the clipping page incorrectly (#3500)
  • Fixed spelling replace on TestWindow (#3581)
  • Fixed Mac text AutoComplete positioning (#3574)
  • Fixed Tabstop Widths (#3500, #3576)
  • Updated Linux declare for doubleClickTime to include GTK3 in newer Xojo versions (#3575)
  • Fixed the Draw Control border on the right side (#3473)
  • Added SpellCheck configuration testing to contextual menu on TestWindow
  • Added SpellCheck configuration testing to App.Close event
  • Fixed resources directory location for the the Spell Checker initialization
  • Added more comments in code if plugins are missing

The Formatted Text Control costs $150 and is 100% unencrypted Xojo code. Version 3 and above requires the use of the Text Input Canvas plugin (included in package) to allow for proper text handling in Cocoa builds. Product page at https://www.bkeeney.com/formatted-text-control/

I did just a quick test on Windows by running the build project “Formatted text.exe”. And I am surprised. My compliments for BKS. Considering for use in a desktop project.

Just a small thing: when you close the testprogram it erases “Spellchecker.dll” from it’s lib folder. Before you can start the exe again you have to manually copy this dll back in otherwise it will break telling you that it failed to load the Spellchecker plugin.

[quote=356718:@Joost Rongen]I did just a quick test on Windows by running the build project “Formatted text.exe”. And I am surprised. My compliments for BKS. Considering for use in a desktop project.

Just a small thing: when you close the testprogram it erases “Spellchecker.dll” from it’s lib folder. Before you can start the exe again you have to manually copy this dll back in otherwise it will break telling you that it failed to load the Spellchecker plugin.[/quote]
Hm…contact me at support at bkeeney.com so we can figure out what’s going on. We literally do not ship with a dll.

Are there some people with knowledge how to insert Tabstops width different widths into a paragraph? I know there are two classes FTTab and FTTabStop but can’t find any documentation how they work or how to handle them.

Sent you an email with a bit more detail. There is not a built-in method to do this (original developer never anticipated TabStops with differing lengths) but you should be able to create your own method to do so. Look at FTDocument.addDefaultTabStops and see how it adds tabs to the defaultTabStops array.

I have been using this control for a commercial software package for several years, and it works like a charm. I need RTF with pictures embedded, and it does this perfectly.

After some months I found out, it’s already built into FTC. Just use FTParagraph.addTabstop with the parameter 1 (Left) and the Tabstop Width in inches and update the FormattedText. Works perfectly. There is only a small bug when saving those custom Tabstops into XML, but I already reported this. Hopefully they will fix it.

I know there are no mistakes, but why are there no new versions?

Sarcasm aside, we are about ready to go into beta on the next version. Probably take a few weeks for beta testers to report things so maybe a public release in late February? I’m in no hurry to release a new version as products account for a fraction of our income.

We have started work on a MAJOR new version. Maybe we’ll be done by end of 2019. It’s a big project and I’m sure some of our ideas won’t work like we expect. It’s an ambitious feature list.

https://www.bkeeneybriefs.com/2018/12/2018-was-a-weird-year/