Added 20+ new example projects??

So…where are they and why aren’t they in a folder called new projects…or a list & location of new example projects would make life easier :slight_smile:

Indeed it would. Sorry about that. Here is the list of what was added:

Platform-Specific/OS X/Plist
Platform-Specific/OS X/FastCocoaTextAreaUpdates
Platform-Specific/Linux/GetDefaultControlSize
Platform-Specific/Linux/OverlayScrollbars
Platform-Specific/Windows/DeclareDrawing
Platform-Specific/Windows/GDIPlusTest
Platform-Specific/Windows/LoadMSAccessUsingADO/AdoDemo
Platform-Specific/Windows/SetWindowIcon
Platform-Specific/Windows/COM/OLE Automation Tests
Language Features/Dictionary
Language Features/ActionSourceInterfaceExample
Advanced/Delegates/DelegateExample
Desktop/Controls/Toolbar
Desktop/Controls/ListBox/FileBrowser
Desktop/Controls/ListBox/IconGrid
Desktop/Controls/ListBox/ListBoxDragBetweenCells
Desktop/Controls/ListBox/ListBoxExample
Desktop/Controls/ListBox/ListBoxExportExample
Desktop/Controls/ListBox/ListBoxGridExample
Desktop/Controls/ListBox/PropertyListExample
Desktop/Controls/ListBox/SourceListExample
Desktop/Controls/TextFieldResizing
Printing and Reporting/Printing/Labels
Communication/Internet/HTTPDownloader
Desktop/Custom Controls/CanvasButton
Framework/CryptoRSAExample
Graphics and Multimedia/Dice
Web/ScrollingWebPage
Web/Containers/ScrollingContainer
Sample Applications/XojoNotes/XojoNotesDesktop
Sample Applications/XojoNotes/XojoNotesWeb

Coolness…have to check them out :slight_smile:

And where exactly do I go to see these examples, or is it simply a case of re-downloading Xojo and they will be in the Examples folder that comes with it?

You can probably ignore previous post. I was in the forums before reading e-mail and was not aware that a new release had just come out. Am downloading 2014r2 now so I am assuming when it is done and in place I will be able to look at the above projects.

You assume correctly.

I put in a feature request (case 34283) to add a search box to the examples tab…it’s kind of unwieldy trying to find something in there. I know the project names have basically what the example is about, but it would nice to have somewhere I could enter “list” and all the listbox examples come up rather than having to drill down.

It would also be nice to have something searchable in the wiki about the examples. (Here’s where I find out there already is and I feel like an idiot.)

Yeah, with about 250 examples it can be tricky to find what you are looking for. Unless you do what I do and just memorize them all!

I did start a wiki page a long time ago (http://documentation.xojo.com/index.php/Examples), but it is not complete. I’ll have to see about getting that updated. Feel free to create a Feedback case for it to serve as a reminder.

If a software release contains a fix for a problem you have a ticket in for, I take it the system doesn’t tell you in anyway?!?. Seems like an email or some kind if notification would help confirm fixes and allow open tickets closed. Users should take the time to retest all their open problems to confirm it’s status and update the ticket.

Hey cool the new example “Platform-Specific/Windows/SetWindowIcon” solves one question from me…

in the example ListBoxGridExample is an error

GridList.CellClick

mRow = row
  mColumn = column

Me.InvalidateCell(row, column)

Return True

Return True prevents editing Cell

Thanks, I’ve updated the project for 2015r3.