zorder

Suddenly I can’t get new controls to allow me to bring them to the front. Tried placing a radio button: of the four ordering options, only the last two are visible. I’ve got quite a few controls on this window … is there a limit? I quit out and reloaded to no avail. I just checked other controls on the window and some of them also don’t let me bring forward. First time with this happening.

Windows 10, using Xojo release 2016r2

Just checked with 2013 version of Xojo … all is well. Maybe there’s a bug in the new release.

To repeat: Placed radio button on window, not allowed to select “Move forward” or “Move to front.”

File a feedback report if you can reproduce it.

I tried to. Feedback screen won’t allow me to Submit.

Search first

I did search.

I just tried to reproduce your issue on my current webapp project, and could not. I added a new radio button group and then immediately changed its ZOrder to send it behind an existing rectangle. Worked as expected. Moved the rectangle behind, worked again.

Also on Windows 10 with 2016 R2.

Are you certain that there is not something else happening?

No, I’m not certain there’s something else going on. But I am certain that I can do what I wish in a previous version. I wonder if my project’s size – quite large, lots of controls – is the problem.

Just tried a new project. Problem remains. I can’t change order on any controls I place.

And now I can …
Still puzzling.

On a very complex page of my project, the IDE needs some time to react and get back to “normal” when I add new controls. In my case, some time means about a minute.

That may be what you are seeing.

Okay, now I find if I push my control to the back, the other two choices become active. So maybe this latest version of Xojo only shows 2 of the 4 orderings, the ones that apply? In previous versions, all 4 were always available.

If an item is already at the back of the order then you cant reasonably send it backwards - its already as far back as it can go
Same for if its already at the top - bring to top makes no sense

[quote=277785:@Norman Palardy]If an item is already at the back of the order then you cant reasonably send it backwards - its already as far back as it can go
Same for if its already at the top - bring to top makes no sense[/quote]

True. And this is a change from previous versions which threw me.

Still testing but it appears my problem is solved. Thanks for the help.