You need a build license …

I’ve been a Xojo user for many, many years, and have the Desktop license, which I’m using on macOS. I’ve been writing apps for macOS and R-Pi (R-Pi since mid 2017 only).

I didn’t work on the R-Pi from Jun 2018 until Sep 2019, by which time I’d upgraded from Xojo 2018r1.1 to Xojo 2019r1.1. I also moved from High Sierra to Mojave on the Mac during this interval.

Since Sep 2019 I have found an annoying problem every time I try to build the R-Pi app (it doesn’t happen if I build for macOS): a popup window appears saying “You need a build license … Would you like to purchase one?. This project requires a Single Board Computer license …” There is more text followed by buttons for Sign In, Cancel and Purchase.

If I click Sign In, the build process starts as the web page loads. I don’t actually have to sign in on the web page. But the same happens every time I try to build – I can end up with dozens of open tabs for the sign in.

I am signed in in the Xojo app, and the licenses panel shows me that my license is up to date. My Desktop license apparently includes the R-Pi (according to Xojo’s product information page).

I had hoped this problem would disappear with Xojo 2019.2, but it didn’t.

This is pretty annoying and I’d ike to find a solution.

cheers,
Richard

That sounds a bit similar to the license problems I had with Catalina. You need to contact support.

Some time ago they changed the Pi license, now is free: https://www.xojo.com/raspberrypi/

Don’t know if that has something to do with your problem, but if you follow the link you are asked to email them to get a license. So, the best answer is by Beatrix, email Xojo and they will help you fix the problem even on a free license.

Yep. You just need to ask a Free PI License. https://www.xojo.com/store/#pi

This is likely a side effect of the fact that at the time when you purchased your license, pi was not included. As others have stated, contact us at hello@xojo.com so someone can help you with this.