XojoConsoleFramework32 2017r2 Issue.

I have a console application that is listening on a ServerSocket that I use to receive files remotely from a desktop application using a TCPSocket. When I updated to 2017r2 my data transfer between them became incredibly unstable. It seems to want to transfer from the desktop TCPSocket to the Console app ServerSocket at a much increased speed which sometimes causes the transfer to fail. I am using a shared Lib folder on the remote machine that has shared dll files from both Console and Desktop applications. I have isolated the dll that is causing this issue to be XojoConsoleFramework32.dll. If I use a compiled version from 2017 r1.1 the data transfer will stabilize, and transfer at a much slower rate. Is there some kind of issue with sharing this dll between console and desktop applications, meaning they are different for each type of compiled application? Is this a bug? Thoughts? Thanks! :slight_smile:

Are both apps built with the same version of Xojo?

ServerSocket was FIXED by not limiting the event-rate (the speed at which the DataAvailable event hits) to 8192 bytes. This means your DataAvailable event could be receiving much larger packets per event.

First step would be to take the data in the DataAvailable event and write directly to a buffer.

Then have a timer or socket complete event take the buffer and write it to the filesystem if this is indeed what you are trying to do.

[quote=348240:@Phillip Zedalis]ServerSocket was FIXED by not limiting the event-rate (the speed at which the DataAvailable event hits) to 8192 bytes. This means your DataAvailable event could be receiving much larger packets per event.

First step would be to take the data in the DataAvailable event and write directly to a buffer.

Then have a timer or socket complete event take the buffer and write it to the filesystem if this is indeed what you are trying to do.[/quote]

This is what I suspected, I have read about the ServerSocket issues in previous posts. Thank you for the clarification. I just wanted to make sure this is what was going on before I start changing things to solve the issue.

Yes when both apps were built with 2017r2 when the issue occurs. If I use the XojoConsoleFramework32.dll from a r1.1 compile of the console app it fixes the issue.

You should never swap dll’s.
The likelihood you will have issues is quite high if you just swap dll’s.
You should rebuild both apps with 2017r1.1 so everything is rebuilt accordingly.

[quote=348245:@Norman Palardy]You should never swap dll’s.
The likelihood you will have issues is quite high if you just swap dll’s.
You should rebuild both apps with 2017r1.1 so everything is rebuilt accordingly.[/quote]
Thanks Norman that’s exactly what I’ll do until I have the time to deal with the ServerSocket changes. Which btw are really great I’ve experienced some really fast data transfer rates I just don’t have the time right now to make it stable with those speeds.