Xojo r3 - Mac - "Xojo" is damaged and can't be opened.

Completely unrelated to 10.8.5/10.9; that was a red herring.

The issue is simply that the multilingual version did not get code signed properly and was not noticed by beta testers because they had already passed GateKeeper with the EN version that is used for beta (GateKeeper only checks the first time). I don’t know all the details as I don’t do the builds, but rest assured we’ve added a step to verify this for future release builds!

Sorry for the trouble!

[quote=34258:@Paul Lefebvre]Completely unrelated to 10.8.5/10.9; that was a red herring.

The issue is simply that the multilingual version did not get code signed properly and was not noticed by beta testers because they had already passed GateKeeper with the EN version that is used for beta (GateKeeper only checks the first time). I don’t know all the details as I don’t do the builds, but rest assured we’ve added a step to verify this for future release builds!

Sorry for the trouble![/quote]
Thanks again Paul.

No worries. It’s just another day in the life of developing and distributing software. :wink:

Gatekeeper - as my friend in Bristol said - “turned that bollux off immediately the first time it popped up. There goes Apple messing with the elegant simplicity of the Mac … again!”

See, I feel completely the opposite. GateKeeper absolutely should be enabled and embraced.

And this is why I don’t download the first 1.0 release of the download links… :wink:

Worse still - the toolbar in Windows has got a puncture and has gone flat - somebody has let the air out of it :wink: Still looks (nice and ) Mac-like to me.

Flicker looks better too.

They warped the Mac UI as well, which if you knew what I know, would really leave you scratching your head.

:slight_smile: I will save the Mac experience for tomorrow. Still it compiles my main app, did a scary long pause before saving it and showed ‘Application Not Responding’ for a brief moment- but at a glance it seems to work ok.

Could you elaborate?

I have uploaded the updated OS X Multilingual download. If you still see problems, please let us know.

Just in case this is important…
Once I tried to download a dmg file that somehow got corrupted.
Being insane I deleted the dmg and redownloaded again.
Same issue.
After several attempts I decided to use secure empty trash to delete the dmg file for sure.
Download again, presto, it worked.

I just downloaded the default for Mac to a brand new installation of Mavericks DP8 and got the corrupted message. There has never been a Xojo (or RS) download on this system previously.

The odd thing is that the DMG verifies just fine.

Just downlaoded the English only and it’s fine.

Due low connection here @home I do not download the updated multilangual. But I’ve found a workaround:
As Paul mentioned I’ve disabled Gatekeeper, started Xojo and it worked. After that I enabled Gatekeeper again.

Nope

We removed some gradients to increase performance on all platforms, because we decided that productivity was more important than pretty.

Same problem. International is damaged, English only is OK.

Carl,

What do you prefer (on Windows): a fantastic IDE / development application * OR another Windows application ?

• that allows you to create fantastic Windows applications…

As a tool, I do not really care about OS looking (if the look is good and it is), but OS application generation.

Just downloaded and installed R3 on my Mac using the update feature. The weird part was the update would only download as long as the mouse was moving or responding to events. I first thought it was a slow download link, then I realised it was only downloading while the mouse was in use. So I had to keep the mouse moving for the whole download. The update installed and licensed correctly.

Default (auto sense) download for OS X (10.8.5) is still a damaged app. English only version is OK.