I started doing home office so I pulled my projects via SourceTree (.git) to my PC at home.
After doing my work I recognized that there are a lot of changes in SourceTree because the FullPath of all my images in Xojo changed because on my PC at home the projects are in a different directory than on the PC at our office:
[code]- SaveInfo = APHRcwECAQAAAABcQzpcVXNlcnNcU3RlZmFuIEFkZWxzYmVyZ2VyXFByb2pla3RlXFRvdXJpc211c01hbmFnZXJcSW1hZ2VzXExpc3QgSWNvbnNcSW1nTGlzdFNlcnZlckAzeC5wbmcDAAAAAAEABAAAAAABAAAAAAAAAA==
SaveInfo = APHRcwECAQAAAABoQzpcVXNlcnNcU3RlZmFuXE1pY2FkbyBJVC1Tb2x1dGlvbnNcUmVwb3NpdG9yaWVzXFRvdXJpc211c01hbmFnZXJcSW1hZ2VzXExpc3QgSWNvbnNcSW1nTGlzdFNlcnZlckAzeC5wbmcDAAAAAAEABAAAAAABAAAAAAAAAA==
FullPath = C:\\Users\\MYUSER\\COMPANY\\Repositories\\PROJECT\\Images\\List Icons\\ImgListServer@3x.png
PartialPath = Images\\List Icons\\ImgListServer@3x.png[/code]
Is there any way to prevent this?
This is a huge huge pain even on the Mac. What I found working is to make the path AFTER the users part the same on my computers.
Have a look at <https://xojo.com/issue/43547> for fun on the Mac side.
[quote=354707:@Beatrix Willius]This is a huge huge pain even on the Mac. What I found working is to make the path AFTER the users part the same on my computers.
Have a look at <https://xojo.com/issue/43547> for fun on the Mac side.[/quote]
I’m doing the same. Additionally, you can have both path delimiter definitions depending on the originating OS type.
We coud have used | for the path delimiter - but didn’t
Partial path is constructed by the IDE and saved in a consistent fashion x-platform so it can be pulled apart and the item found should we meed to use that
This would most often occur when a project is moved from one OS to another
This also happens to be one reason putting images in the project itself isn’t as useful as it might seem
The other is that they consume a huge amount of memory and this can have side effects when you run/compile
FYI - we have 0 pictures in the IDE project
I keep my images on there own and only collect if I need to send you guys a project or am archiving an old set of code.
The issue is coming up with a solution that works as I move a project between all three platforms. Since the main Images repository on my systems is always in the same place relative to the project (…/…/Xojo/Images), I would expect the new IDE to handle things like it did back in the old days.
Also, this ONLY affects .xojo_image sets. Single images inserted with HiDPI turned off are found properly.