Xojo plugins compressed in Yosemite

Am having problem getting Xojo to recognise plugins compressed with the Zip console tools in Yosemite.

If I feed the plugin to it as a folder then all is fine or if I decompress the plugin my self and then feed the folder to Xojo then all is fine.

Anyone got any idea how to go about this ?

[quote=136544:@Björn Eiríksson]Am having problem getting Xojo to recognise plugins compressed with the Zip console tools in Yosemite.

If I feed the plugin to it as a folder then all is fine or if I decompress the plugin my self and then feed the folder to Xojo then all is fine.

Anyone got any idea how to go about this ?[/quote]

File a bug report with an example plugin.

Well I was hoping it was something known since even if it was to be “Fixed” then thats still dead end as plugins need to work on older versions. So not sure how to go about this.

A bug report is best because I can take a look at the zip file and give recommendations based on that.

Done, 35927, Thanks.

And note I don’t think its Xojo bug per see, more like something changed in the Zip.

do you have such a zip somewhere?

I myself have my own app building plugins which uses plugin class to write zip.

I will send you sample later today when I get home.

Its a bit scary I neither can get it to work by doing it via console parameters with zero compression like I usually do, nor just from the Finder with normal compression. (If done with the Zip in Yosemite)

I think you should fill the Feedback case and provide the plugin to Joe.
Maybe he can step through IDE code and check what’s wrong.

He has it the feedback incident was just marked as private. Am guessing you had same results ?

Don’t know if you see the issue on the issue track or not Joe since its marked as closed but I wrote on it since I don’t understand at all:

I dont understand !!!

Why does it work then if I decompress the plugin and put the directory in the plugin directory ?

And the plugin is signed also.

Joe didn’t comment on this?
Maybe you wait a day?

He did
On the case notes but the case is private between Björn & Xojo

okay.
Still it would be nice if Xojo Inc would document what things we should do/avoid.
e.g. a specific version to use, or if it’s okay to use 64bit zip extension or not.

or in other words:
I’m not interested in Joe fixing the IDE to load the plugin.
I want to know what needs to be changed to make a plugin loading.
And which pitfall I can avoid.

This looked to not be zip related but code signature related

Yea I think something happened to some Xcode bindings or Keychain when upgrading to Yosemite, I was able to fix the issue by switching the keys around a few times and recompiling.

Reason I was not getting the Key chain error was that apparently if dropping the plugin folder structure on Xojo (which I thought was Valid ??) then it chooses the non Cocoa plugin instead of the Cocoa.

Thanks for the help not sure I would have had chance to find this one my self.

It is if you have the folder’s name end with xoxo_extension.