Xojo Paw Extensions

@Loannis Kolliageorgas

Almost there!

I got another question, I took the code generated by Paw and the line:

d.Value(“responses”) = [object Object]

obviously doesn’t compile. I assume it’s a place holder.

My question is what does [object Object] mean?

[quote=262837:@Richard Albrecht]@Loannis Kolliageorgas

Almost there!

I got another question, I took the code generated by Paw and the line:

d.Value(“responses”) = [object Object]

obviously doesn’t compile. I assume it’s a place holder.

My question is what does [object Object] mean?[/quote]
Can you post the Url from Paw,from the middle?
In the right side of paw you see the responses!!
200 OK, 400 error,etc !!
Have you make account for webinars ?
You must make a webinar channel first (Check Trial) and then you get the key from that channel.
Post it on the original thread you have…

Yes my php code has been doing it. I got paw to do it and got proper response back.

That line won’t compile. It needs some kind object.

[object Object] means that the thing that is being passed in is an Object that Javascript can’t convert to a string. What type of value are you passing in for “responses” in Paw?

Don’t quite understand the question.

I don’t need to check the return value at all.
Don’t understand why I would be passing back a response.

Is that telling the API what kind of response I want back? Like a JSON object?

Without a screenshot, I’m flying a little blind here, but from your code snippet, I think you have form data being defined of some kind and that it’s being put into a variable named “responses”. That’s the item we need to know. Otherwise, you could send me the paw file and I can probably figure this out right quick.

@Greg O’Lone

Here’s the Paw file:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/125593/HawkcodeRich.paw

Thanks!

@Greg O’Lone

Did you have a chance to look at the Paw file.

[quote=264188:@Richard Albrecht]@Greg O’Lone

Did you have a chance to look at the Paw file.[/quote]
Did just now. The problem is that you’ve nested your JSON and I didn’t plan for that in the original extension. Lemme see if there’s something I can do about that.

Ok. We’ve updated the extensions on GitHub and connected to my blogpost so that if you make a JSON body, it simply uses the string representation instead of trying to create a dictionary first. This will allow users to have nested levels of JSON objects.

Edit: I just had to update them again because it wasn’t correctly escaping the quotes. The new version should be available shortly.

Paw is new to me and it took me a while to figure it out. I didn’t even know I had nested anything. :slight_smile:

I ended up deleting the line

d.Value("responses") = [object Object]

and it works great.

I will look at it to try and figure out what I nested.

Thanks!

what you did was put a JSON array inside the JSON object. That’s not illegal, just not what I’d originally coded for. The extensions should be up to date by now, just go download them and replace and you should be good to go.

Thanks

Hi is there a new version or install method for the new version of paw?

I am getting the following error
I extracted and placed the folder in the Extensions folder
Error Extension identifier must be a reverse domain name for extension: pawextensions-master

what am I doing wrong?

[quote=370799:@Tim Kearns]Hi is there a new version or install method for the new version of paw?

I am getting the following error
I extracted and placed the folder in the Extensions folder
Error Extension identifier must be a reverse domain name for extension: pawextensions-master

what am I doing wrong?[/quote]

Rename it to something like com.xojo.pawextensions-master (not at my computer right now but if memory serves me right that’s what I had to do)

tried that and got
Error Cannot find main JavaScript file (pawextensions-master.js) for extension com.xojo.pawextensions-master

then

Error The name of the extension directory must match the identifier set in the JavaScript class.

rename the folder classic to com.xojo.PawExtensions.HTTPCodeGenerator
and the folder xojo to com.xojo.PawExtensions.newHTTPCodeGenerator
then reload the extensions
That works for me.

This same issue came up a while ago and I posted a download link for the modified Paw extensions that will work with Paw 3.
@Markus Winter and @Dirk Cleenwerck are correct in what need to be done, this link just already has those changes made.

https://forum.xojo.com/43027-anyone-using-paw-for-rest-services/p1#p349845
https://www.dropbox.com/s/zxzty0dwsvje1z3/Xojo%20Paw%20Extensions.zip?dl=1

I hope that helps!