Xojo on Amazon EC2

Thanks to everyone in this conversation for their comments and suggestions. I recently got the Amazon EC2 instance up and running. I even fired up the SimpleHTTPServer to assure I could access it with my webbrowser with a hastily created index.htm file. Success!

sudo python -m SimpleHTTPServer 80

I then uploaded the XojoTest Standalone app found here. but I’m not able to start the app from the command line.

It says “No such file or directory” but clearly it’s there using ls

I rebooted the instance but that didn’t make any difference. I looked at the security settings. Nothing obvious is popping up.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Clearly I’m not a command line Linux guy… I probably should have doctored up a screen shot without all of my trial and error.

Ah, well.

Have you set the app’s permissions to be executable for the logged in user?

What if:

˜$ cd XojoTest

˜/XojoTest$ ls
“Resources” “XojoTest” “XojoTest Libs”

˜/XojoTest$ chmod +x XojoTest

˜/XojoTest$ ./XojoTest

Since it’s a test I set everything to 755.

I gave that a try Rick. No joy.

To be clear I did the “Apply to Enclosed…” So it’s all 755.

Did you see my article about this in the Xojo Developer Magazine?

what does sudo ./XojoTest do?

Thanks for the reminder Christian. I forgot about that one. I went back and read it and I still can’t get the stand-alone to fire up. My next step is to scrap it then take another run at it from scratch. I’ll use your article as a guide. Whatever I’m missing isn’t obvious. I mean, I can even make a simple HTTP server work and fetch the index. Why I can’t get the app to launch using the terminal is a frustrating head scratcher. I have no illusions that it’s anything other than me. This isn’t my bailiwick.

At this point I blindly type in any suggestion from anyone that appears to confidently assert a solution.

Joseph, your picture shows the main folder, show us the same picture for XojoTest binary inside this folder please.

Sure thing Rick. I went through each file. They’re all 755.

Rename the XojoTest bin to xojo1 and then in the terminal (SSH) try to execute: ./xojo1

˜/XojoTest$ ./xojo1

Let’s see if another error, instead of “not found” rises.

If found, rename it back to XojoTest and try again.

[quote=31213:@Joseph Claeys] Dirk Cleenwerck what does sudo ./XojoTest do?

At this point I blindly type in any suggestion from anyone that appears to confidently assert a solution.[/quote]

So? Did it do anything?

Also since this probably tries to start ports, how about typing sestatus and see if Security Enhanced Linux is not at fault here.

PS: I just downloaded the linux version of the standalone myself and tried it on my centos server and that works, so it should work.

I found something. If you are in an 64bit system without proper 32 bit libraries, the bash can ignore your file.

Please report the result for: uname -m

Here was the result of the xojo1 test

./xojo1

Good call Rick, thanks. If you would have asked I would have sworn I chose 32bit. I knew 64 wouldn’t work. Crazy!