Xojo not auto-starting in OS X

With RS2012 I used to leave the IDE open with a project where I’m working on, then shutdown the Mac. The day after, when I’m booting again, RS2012 used to open with the last project already open too. This open with a lot of other apps I leave open as for the 10.8 feature to reopen windows at next login.
This doesn’t happen anymore with Xojo. Additionally, while I see the Xojo icon in the dock with the open dot, when I click it, it shows the splash screen and starts loading plugins, etc. As if I just started it.

Is this a behavior by design? I hope not…

This is something that Carbon itself did to make more applications use the persistent state system (or at least appear to). I believe it was recording the files pointed to by proxy icons and reopening the app and sending a bunch of ‘open document’ AppleEvents. It’s been a while since I looked though, so take it with a few grains of salt.

[quote=19654:@Massimo Valle]This doesn’t happen anymore with Xojo. Additionally, while I see the Xojo icon in the dock with the open dot, when I click it, it shows the splash screen and starts loading plugins, etc. As if I just started it.

Is this a behavior by design? I hope not…[/quote]

It’s sort of by design in the sense that we haven’t implemented the Cocoa state restoration feature yet, rather than an intentional decision not to.

So, may I expect one day it will be implemented?
In other words, is this planned or should I raise a ticket?

The fact that we lack a mechanism for state restoration has a Feedback case and there’s no need for another.

Is it a public case?
If so, can you point me to it? I was not able to find it.
Thanks Joe

[quote=19688:@Massimo Valle]Is it a public case?
If so, can you point me to it? I was not able to find it.
Thanks Joe[/quote]

Case #16139.

I have the reverse problem in that Xojo does NOT display the splash screen et al when it starts (since r1b3)