xojo.net.HTTPSocket FileReceived crash

I’m trying to use the new xojo.net framework for the HTTP/1.1 support.
However a simple file download crashes when the file is complete.

This is the FileReceived handler:

[code]Sub FileReceived(URL as Text, HTTPStatus as Integer, File as xojo.IO.FolderItem)
// set the progress bar to 100%
DownloadProgress.Value = DownloadProgress.Maximum

// clear the status box
lblDName.Text = “”

MsgBox("Download is done. The file is located here: " + File.Path)

// reset for another download
DownloadButton.Enabled = True
DownloadProgress.Value = 0

End Sub
[/code]

Best I can figure is that the File parameter is empty.
Any ideas for a workaround?

A crash log would be useful if its truly crashing
Or are you getting an assertion ?

I’m getting a crash report. The forum won’t let me post it.

crash-report

A feedback report with a sample bit of code & the report would be good as the person who will probably need to review that one is not here at the moment

Already filed #39217 for this, another related one #39224 is OSX specific.
Both with sample projects.
I was hoping someone else has run into this and has a workaround.

Thanks.

Whats the chances that FILE is going out of scope ?

Almost certainly, however since it is in an event handler, I would hope its scope would last at least until the end of the routine.

I’ve been banging my head against this for a few days. For example, I suspected a scope problem so I tried creating a folderitem window property to reference after the download, but that disappears, too.

I added another example project on that feedback report: A window property folderitem that disappears (goes empty) after a couple of seconds.

[quote=185575:@John A Knight, Jr]Almost certainly, however since it is in an event handler, I would hope its scope would last at least until the end of the routine.

I’ve been banging my head against this for a few days. For example, I suspected a scope problem so I tried creating a folderitem window property to reference after the download, but that disappears, too.

I added another example project on that feedback report: A window property folderitem that disappears (goes empty) after a couple of seconds.[/quote]

Yeah, it’s a bug. I don’t have any workaround for you because, like you noticed, it’s an issue in Xojo.IO.FolderItem itself on OS X.