Xojo is suspicious

Sometimes I love the humor of the Xojo people. Trying Xojo 2015r3 for the first time, first compile. I’m getting lots of warnings like

Using method blabla from blubber on this target is suspicious.

What the … is this supposed to tell me? Suspicious of what? At second glance the code in question looks like left over stuff for Windows. Still a largely useless warning.

[quote=223885:@Beatrix Willius]Sometimes I love the humor of the Xojo people. Trying Xojo 2015r3 for the first time, first compile. I’m getting lots of warnings like

Using method blabla from blubber on this target is suspicious.

What the … is this supposed to tell me? Suspicious of what? At second glance the code in question looks like left over stuff for Windows. Still a largely useless warning.[/quote]

It means the declare is very likely to cause problems if the code ever gets executed on the target in question.

Then the warning should say that :slight_smile:

My favorite supplier of error messages is ORACLE… messages are ambigious at times, and even less helpful at others.

“Unknown table located at line 1”

Where line 1 is the entire SQL query (regardless of size), and it contains 20 tables in a FROM statement. If the parser knows that one of those 20 tables does not exist for whatever reason… the why can’t it tell the developer that? This is one example, and this on is compounded even more if the query has UNION …

If you’ve got a better idea for wording that is terse enough to be readable in the errors pane, I’m open to suggestions.

“Method blabla from blubber includes potentially invalid declare”

Probably it’s better to cite the “target” triggering the problem like:
“The declaration of method blabla from blubber is potentially invalid for this target platform”.

[quote=224036:@Rick Araujo]Probably it’s better to cite the “target” triggering the problem like:
“The declaration of method blabla from blubber is potentially invalid for this target platform”.[/quote]

To be clear, the warning is issued at the call site.