Xojo IPCsockets not working.

If you’re saying that a failed IPCSocket.Listen will still end up unlinking the socket file, this sounds like a serious bug. I don’t see any Feedback case regarding this, so one would be appreciated if this is the case.

Is that scheduled or just wishful thinking? Is this work related in any way to the work needed to get SSL support in Stand Alone Web apps?

No, that’s a whole different ball of wax (yarn?).

I know you’re all as busy as bees but hope each of the sockets gets more attention this year. Perhaps integrating libcurl would reduce some of the burden while also adding more functionality. Or maybe the hive just needs more bees.

libcurl isn’t a web server.

Out of curiosity, what were you thinking for attention? what socket types? what platforms?

I was under the impression that it could be used for the protocols it supports. Although I may be misguided, the suggestion is to lean on a solid open source project and to build on top of it.

HTTP 1.1, SSL connections in Stand Alone Web apps and possibly IMAP support. We could use all three today on Windows, OS X and Linux.

I think it’d be at most for the client side.
Probably not the server side as its not really a server side library.

Anyhow, none of the things you’re asking for are related to IPCSocket, so it should go into its own thread if you want to continue this line of discussion.

No need to continue. Just wanted to point out that progress on all socket classes would be welcome.

[quote=25315:@Norman Palardy]I think it’d be at most for the client side.
Probably not the server side as its not really a server side library.[/quote]

That’s good to know. Whatever approach the team takes, I hope you guys get to it this year.