Xojo IDE can be slow

The spec of your PC seems fine, have you made sure that your AMD drivers are up to date etc?

I know its a corny line but have you tried a reboot then launching Xojo as the first app? Is the slow down still evident then?

You could also try running dxdiag to make sure everything is enabled and no notes/errors are present there

Hope this helps a little, let us know how you get on?

[quote=359844:@]The spec of your PC seems fine, have you made sure that your AMD drivers are up to date etc?

I know its a corny line but have you tried a reboot then launching Xojo as the first app? Is the slow down still evident then?

You could also try running dxdiag to make sure everything is enabled and no notes/errors are present there

Hope this helps a little, let us know how you get on?[/quote]

The drivers are up to date.

It always has the same kind of “slowness”.

No matter if XOJO is running as the first and only program or if XOJO is running in 10 instances/different projects while rendering a video in background and watching some Youtube videos/browsing in Chrome.

That is the theory. Did you heard about Murphy’s Law ?

I am happy you still believe in this (that means you never had troubles because of another running application).

@Henrik Schulz
Unless you have to use the latest Xojo in Windows, why would you put yourself through the misery. Stick with Xojo 2016r1.1 which apparently works fine for you and wait for 2018r1 (or r2) when Xojo thinks they will have a more “flicker-free” and snappy (read: stable) Windows version. You already have your answer: Xojo 2016r1.1 is adequate and responsive, everything after is not. You tried it yourself. You know the issue only shows up in the one program. All other programs have no issue. I would not spend one more second on that; you can keep trying (CCleaner, launching the program first, launching the program last, checking drivers, and on and on) but you already know the answer. Why keep slamming your head against the wall. Let Xojo finish what they are doing, and when they say they are ready then give it a try.

Because XOJO Version 2018 R 1.1 still has problems rendering the window content, I would like to invest a little more time for the research of reasons.
Can someone tell me which technology is used to display the window contents?

Direct2D/DirectWrite. Xojo is still optimising things, if I were you, I wouldn’t spend any time on tuning until at least 2018r2 is released and you’ve tested against that.