Xojo IDE-Bug?

Hi,

I’m working with Xojo 2014.2.1. i tried to set a Window not resizeable. In the past i had no problems, but with that version plus Xojo 2014.3.1 the property doesn’t work. Is that a bug?

[quote=157972:@Martin Trippensee]Hi,

I’m working with Xojo 2014.2.1. i tried to set a Window not resizeable. In the past i had no problems, but with that version plus Xojo 2014.3.1 the property doesn’t work. Is that a bug?[/quote]

Congratulations ! That is one nasty beggar. I just reported it.

I guess the workaround for now is to keep a record of the current window size and position, and in the resized event, reinstate them. It will not prevent the resize, but after the user releases the mouse, the window will spring back.

[quote=157972:@Martin Trippensee]Hi,

I’m working with Xojo 2014.2.1. i tried to set a Window not resizeable. In the past i had no problems, but with that version plus Xojo 2014.3.1 the property doesn’t work. Is that a bug?[/quote]
Please file a bug report with reproduction steps so we can get this fixed quickly.

I have filed a beta bug report, since this still manifests in the current beta.

Hello,
in the meantime, as a workaround, you can set in the windows inspector all three widths („Width“/„Min Width“/„MaxWidth“) to the same value and all three heights ( „Height“/„Min Height“/„Max Height“) to the same value, and the window will not be resizeable.

[quote=158010:@Christian Mézes]Hello,
in the meantime, as a workaround, you can set in the windows inspector all three widths („Width“/„Min Width“/„MaxWidth“) to the same value and all three heights ( „Height“/„Min Height“/„Max Height“) to the same value, and the window will not be resizeable.[/quote]

Hey, that’s a great workaround :slight_smile:

As another workaround, setting both Resizable and Maximize Button to OFF seems to disable window resizing on the edges.

This isn’t new
With Resizeable = false Maximize = true
2014r1 permits window resize
2013r3.3 permits window resize
2013r2 permits window resize
2013r1 permits window resize
2012r2.1 building for Cocoa permits this (Carbon doesnt)
2011r1 building for Cocoa permits this (Carbon doesnt)

If you want a non-resizeable window turn both off

[quote=158076:@Norman Palardy]This isn’t new
With Resizeable = false Maximize = true
2014r1 permits window resize
2013r3.3 permits window resize
2013r2 permits window resize
2013r1 permits window resize
2012r2.1 building for Cocoa permits this (Carbon doesnt)
2011r1 building for Cocoa permits this (Carbon doesnt)

If you want a non-resizeable window turn both off[/quote]
OK, it works fine, but if the Property “Resizeable” is not working, it is a Bug :wink:

This may be OS X defined behavior IF you have a window with a maximize button since, by definition, maximizing IS resizing.
So one of those overrides the other and I’m not sure that this is anything we’re doing in the framework.
But it may be

For now if you want not resizable turn both off.
That’s all I was suggesting.