Xojo for our new SaaS platform project?

Well I believe I am too tech-savvy and too customer centric in my views. For sure there are others here in this great forum and community doing the same much more closer to Canada :wink:

Ok, Got it!

Thanks for your support! Hopefully we will meet someday!

You can meet Tomas at the Xojo conference in Berlin next May :slight_smile:

:slight_smile: Thanks for the reminder.

[quote=310128:@Christian Schmitz]A company in Austria has an app used by 500+ people on a subscription base.
Seems to work fine. I helped them in development years ago.[/quote]

@Christian Schmitz

Just found this thread with a similar question in mind. What if this solution went up to 6,000-9,000 people subscribing? Do you think it could handle that load? I’m thinking where the bulk of queries to the database will be read only (a library of sorts).

Well, for thousands of people you will always need multiple server instances.

Depending on what one does MySQL or Postgres should support 9,000 connections on Linux. SQL Server on Windows Server certainly will. But see this thread on scalability also:

[quote=310120:@Roger St-Arneault]web apps working along with mobile applications on IOS and AndroĂŻd
ability to achieve nice design
mainly database driven applications
can “connect” custom applications to the platform if needed
high quantity of hi-res pictures will have to be managed
consequent number of users but not “gigantic” since the platform targets a specific industry
database hosting will be available on client or platform servers (privacy)[/quote]
What you’ve described here is CatDV from Squarebox in the UK. Rather than (as Tomas says) “reinvent the wheel”, have you looked at a DAM/MAM solution that provides web sharing like that?
http://www.catdv.com