Xojo Feedback shortcut does not appear on Windows 10

Hello,

Just installing Xojo Feedback on Windows 10 and the shortcut on the start menu does not appear. There is a shortcut on the desktop which appears and the program starts from the desktop.

Is anyone else able to verify this?

Sincerely,

Eugene

<https://xojo.com/issue/37796>

I just checked. Feedback has a shortcut in my Windows 10 menu, as well as an icon on the desktop.

Thanks Michel!

The icons reappear on version 6.4.9841

I think this is more a Windows 10 issue than a Xojo one
But it is still a preview so who knows what else they’re sorting out before release later this year

[quote=163285:@Norman Palardy]I think this is more a Windows 10 issue than a Xojo one
But it is still a preview so who knows what else they’re sorting out before release later this year[/quote]

Indeed Windows 10 is still in a state of flux. The latest build seems to have the final look, with flat icons and is apparently more stable. It did uninstall my F-Secure antivirus, though, and it seems Windows Defender is now pretending to be one. After all those years snatching markets from other companies like RealPlayer, defragmenters or Netscape, seems MS has decided to pull the carpet there as well…

Keep in mind that the current version of Feedback was built before any public builds of Windows 10 were available. Feel free to file bug reports, just be aware that we probably won’t do anything about it until we get closer to Microsoft’s stated release date.

In my own tests, Windows Defender goes away when I install a third party AV, and then takes center stage again when I remove third party AV products. It seems to play nice with Malwarebytes also.

Are you suggesting that in the latest build, this behavior is changed? (I did not test this in the last week or so, perhaps my results are not a reflection of the last build)

Hi Greg,

Its all good and thanks for the comments. I am just reporting the updates so that there is a record (on the forums) to let others know what is happening with both the new OS and the current programs from Xojo (IDE and Feedback). If there is a bug then a feedback report will be filed.

Thanks!

[quote=163368:@Louis Desjardins]In my own tests, Windows Defender goes away when I install a third party AV, and then takes center stage again when I remove third party AV products. It seems to play nice with Malwarebytes also.

Are you suggesting that in the latest build, this behavior is changed? (I did not test this in the last week or so, perhaps my results are not a reflection of the last build)[/quote]

I have F-Secure installed, but after the update to the latest build, it was gone. So I had to reinstall.

oooh. Not nice. I hope that this is a bug in this preview build.

Even more interesting : no more resedit …

regedit is there
I just started it from the command prompt

[quote=163472:@Norman Palardy]regedit is there
I just started it from the command prompt[/quote]

regedit, of course. Why did I type resedit ? Old reminiscent of a long forgotten Mac utility :wink:

Thanks.