Xojo Date / Time Chooser Update 2.0

The open source Date / Time Chooser project has been updated to version 1.9.

Changes for 1.9:
Added the ability to use a Gradient fill for the Date/Time Chooser Window
Added a color wheel to allow custom window color selection
Resolved the lack of native feel when choosing / using the Clock time chooser
Updated the “Demo Window” to reflect the Gradient fill feature

Link to Project:
https://github.com/IntelligentVisibility/CalendarTimeChooser

Quick Overview of New Features:
https://github.com/IntelligentVisibility/CalendarTimeChooser/blob/master/README.md

Video Showing the Changes:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/of02pqjbastcn8c/XojoCalendarTimeChooserUpdate.mp4?dl=0

Project Demo Screen Shot:

Wow, The gradient is looking awesome Mike. :slight_smile:
It’s getting better and better with every release.

p.s. Nice background. :wink:

Is the very nice looking component Retina ready?

The only images that I am using for this project (outside of the demo project) are the Clock faces. One style of clock face is object2D and the remaining are png images. I do not have the 2x png images in this project quite yet. I develop on two Retina mac’s and so far the existing ones are not distorted. What would be the best way (resolution) to test this?

Thank you again.

Does the solution matter if the screen is Retina? I wouldn’t think so. My Retina testing is done with an old old Cinema display. Very painfull but workable. It’s just Xojo that doesn’t work at 840 x 5xx.

Thanks for the info. Will have a look then.

I’ve been following this and it looks great!

A couple of points of note :

Separator1 and Separator 3 have skewed a bit too far to the left.

The CurrentMonthButton takes the calendar to todays date and month as expected and preselects the current date. What about the time though ? It would be useful if there was a button to switch the clock to the current time if you have changed that, or incorporate this into the CurrentMonthButton so that it shows both the current date/month and time in the same button click.

quote=124662:@Stephen Thomas]I’ve been following this and it looks great!

A couple of points of note :

Separator1 and Separator 3 have skewed a bit too far to the left.
[/quote]
Thank you Stephen I see this now and will address it.

The idea and/or premise of this control is to allow a user to select a point in time that they will be scheduling a task for. If the task was to be scheduled for Now then this control would not be needed. I purposely did not allow the time chooser to become a functional clock while visually we got close in terms of the second hand and the clock face :slight_smile:

Out of curiosity what benefit would syncing the time button give you?

The mean reason I suggested it is because if you have been going to different dates and times and then changed your mind, it may be easier and/or faster to have a button that takes you straight back to the current date and time, and then start over.

That is a great idea thanks Stephen. I will look for a nice icon graphic to make a custom button to achieve this.

Thank you.

** New Update **

Thank you to @Stephen Thomas and @Adelar Duarte for the latest recommended updates.

Whats New in 2.0?

• Added Portuguese Localization
  • Improved the separator alignment on the Date_Time_Container
  • Added Cancel and Submit buttons to the DateTimeWindow for easier implementation
  • Added #IF Target statements to properly display Cancel/Submit button arrangement for Windows/Mac
  • Force a show DateTimeWindow after every demo option selection for a smoother demo experience

Mike, did you update the zip file on the download page ? The ‘lines’ are still out of alignment and I cant see any way to reset the clock back to current time, unless that is something you are planning in a future update…

:slight_smile:

Stephen,

I did not add the reset button yet as I am trying to find a nice icon for that :wink:

I did fix the lines, however I may not be seeing what you are seeing (I primarily use Mac OSX). Can you post a screen shot of it on this thread please? Are you on Windows?

Much appreciated.

Mike,

I am on a mac too.

If you look at the original project demo screenshot you posted at the start of this thread and also the one a couple of posts ago that was the 2.0 update, you can see in both of them where the 3 lines extend past the left hand side a bit too far.

I can post a screenshot from my mac if you still want, but I think they are fairly well visible in the two screenshots you have already posted.

If it helps, this is what I think will fix it. The current positioning values are like this :

Separator1
Left = 6
Width = 469

Separator2
Left = 7
Width = 469

Separator3
Left = 0
Width = 469

If you change all 3 to these :

Left = 10
Width = 476

Then it works perfectly here.

Oh haha!! That is only on the demo window :slight_smile: Sorry I have been looking at the Calendar/Time chooser this whole time scratching my head :slight_smile: That demo window is only for demo purposes and shouldn’t be in anyone’s final project. However thank you for pointing this out and I will fix it :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

[quote=125060:@Stephen Thomas]If it helps, this is what I think will fix it. The current positioning values are like this :

Separator1
Left = 6
Width = 469

Separator2
Left = 7
Width = 469

Separator3
Left = 0
Width = 469

If you change all 3 to these :

Left = 10
Width = 476

Then it works perfectly here.

:)[/quote]
I also just fixed those and committed. Thanks again!

Same here.

Do you have any hair left?

Apologies for the confusion Mike. I spend a fair bit of time on the visuals within any project, control alignment, appearance etc.

I should have made it clearer, that it was on the demo window as opposed to the picker itself.

[quote=125349:@Stephen Thomas]Apologies for the confusion Mike. I spend a fair bit of time on the visuals within any project, control alignment, appearance etc.

I should have made it clearer, that it was on the demo window as opposed to the picker itself.[/quote]
:wink: No problem as this was kind of funny also :slight_smile:

Thank you for paying attention!! :slight_smile: