Xojo Crashes when copying event handler

I originally posted this in the “general” section. Another member confirmed it and directed me here.

I’m using Xojo 2015 r2.2. with OS X Yosemite. I want to copy the event handlers for a control set containing a pushbutton. The moment I right click on “event handlers” and select “copy” Xojo crashes. I created a brand new app to test this. I dragged a new pushbutton onto the default window. I made it a member of a new control group. I added a “Mouse down” event to the set. Again, as soon as I select “copy” from event handlers I get “This application has encountered a fatal problem and must be shut down.”

I think the other poster suggested you file a feedback report. This is not the place. Use the Feedback application.

[quote=198946:@Ola Olsson]I originally posted this in the “general” section. Another member confirmed it and directed me here.

I’m using Xojo 2015 r2.2. with OS X Yosemite. I want to copy the event handlers for a control set containing a pushbutton. The moment I right click on “event handlers” and select “copy” Xojo crashes. I created a brand new app to test this. I dragged a new pushbutton onto the default window. I made it a member of a new control group. I added a “Mouse down” event to the set. Again, as soon as I select “copy” from event handlers I get “This application has encountered a fatal problem and must be shut down.”[/quote]

I understand what happens. It should not crash, but you are going the wrong way about it. Instead of trying to copy “Event handlers”, open it with the disclosure triangle on the left, and copy the events inside by selecting them before going Copy.

Please note that you will not be able to paste for instance the Action event of a control set to an individual button. Only to another control set.

Since my test prompted to save the crash data, I went ahead and did the report :
<https://xojo.com/issue/40037>

Michel, thank you. I did not understand about the “feedback” application. After reading your response I realized that I was prompted and attempted to file a feedback report. I remember it sitting “forever” doing nothing after I tried to submit it.

You can download the feedback app from Xojo.com in the Extras category. Then you will be able to see all feedback reports such as the one I linked to, and to file your own, as well as feature requests.