Xojo.Core.Timer.CallLater issue

I am trying to use Xojo.Core.Timer.CallLater to make repeated calls to a Xojo.Net.HTTPSocket. The first one executes properly then the second one never executes. I have tried stepping through it with a breakpoint in the method and stepping in to it. Nothing. For some reason, I have to type the full method name in as the autocomplete does not work. If I start typing in just the method name on the line above, autocomplete works fine. Been using Real/Xojo since 2005, but new to the new framework. Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug? This is the offending line of code that seems to be ignored.

Xojo.Core.Timer.CallLater 0, WeakAddressOf ANetPayProfileCreate  

Hi Dean,

Depending on the algorithm, it seems like this may be the time to use AddressOf instead of WeakAddressOf because the timer is continuously being called.

Xojo.Core.Timer.CallLater 0, AddressOf ANetPayProfileCreate  

Try the above code instead and let me know if this works in the program.

I have a free Xojo ‘Timers and Threads’ book with the CallLater and descriptions of AddressOf and WeakAddressOf in it. Feel free to download it at: Eugene’s Books

I tried the ‘AddressOf’ suggestion and it did not work until I put parenthesis around the CallLater argument as shown in your book. Thanks for the tip. I’ll also be going back to look at your available books again.

I’m not sure I interpret you description correctly, but Xojo.Core.Timer.CallLater calls ANetPayProfileCreate once. If you want repeated timer events create an instance of a Xojo.Core.Timer and use AddHandler to have the timer’s Action event called.