Xojo: Code Editor Annoyance

Whenever i use the shortcuts for jumping to beginning or end of a line (cmd-cursor left and cmd-cursor-right), the whole code visible will be centered in the view. So that the cursor and text jumps from wherever you are to the middle of the window.
This is totally annoying to me, because i loose the line i was working on. This is not the case in Real Studio or any other editor i use.
Can i turn this off or may it is a bug?

best
Thomas

Yes, that is indeed very annoying. Not sure why it is made to happen this way. I see no reason to do so.

If it behaves differently than something like TextEdit, it’s probably a bug. You should file a bug report.

I too strongly dislike that and I already talk about it.

Once thing I noticed, is the difference with the alt (option) key that do not behave like that.

Another annoyance is the image drop in the ‘project pane’: why must it go to the top of the list ?
And not where I drop it…

Sometimes I have to close all open (|>) to be able to move them to their standard location (at the bottom).

Also, is it impossible to drop a folder with images ?

[quote=21871:@Emile Schwarz]I too strongly dislike that and I already talk about it.

Once thing I noticed, is the difference with the alt (option) key that do not behave like that.

Another annoyance is the image drop in the ‘project pane’: why must it go to the top of the list ?
And not where I drop it…

Sometimes I have to close all open (|>) to be able to move them to their standard location (at the bottom).

Also, is it impossible to drop a folder with images ?[/quote]

I think you’re talking about several different issues.

I filed <https://xojo.com/issue/27124> almost as soon as Xojo was released. This behavior is terribly annoying!

This is still an issue in latest beta, i’m using the old IDE for code editing because of this. So hard to fix?