Xojo Cloud Hosting Prices

True. I should have been clearer. My point was that web server security is more complex than just downloading a free firewall from the internet.

The real bonus of Xojo Cloud is from the sales perspective. Imagine this scenario:

You visit a client who is looking for a cloud app for their business.

You do a demo - it’s easy. You have a template project ready to go (preferably associated with the clients industry). You open your laptop and build a simple web app with them - it doesn’t need to be much, just a few labels & fields will often do. Then you deploy and show them the app working on your laptop.

AND then you tell them to go to their computer & access the site (pays to have the DNS setup first). As Yoda would say “Blown away they are!”

If you’re making a living selling Xojo app dev then this is really a no brainer, but you do need to put on your salesperson’s hat.

Of course all that security stuff will come up, usually from the plebs protecting their turf so you do need the answers.

I’d like to say Well Done to Greg & team!

I have a Mac Mini colocated at MacMiniColo that is grossly under utilised. While not a ‘professional’ service, if someone wants an FTP account I can let them upload their Web Apps as Macintosh CGI’s and test/run them - there will be a ‘beer money’ charge. Contact me privately if this is of interest to you (holymackerel@mac.com).

Please tell me that you’re at least using SFTP. FTP is done “in the clear” and anyone watching could just pick the username and password out of the stream and then use or possible log into your server (if the credentials are the same).

Yes, I always use SFTP to copy to and from the server!