Xojo bug ?

I have a container control with a listbox and a text area. I can click into the listbox and then into the text area no problem.
But if I move the text area up or down by changing the top attribute then after clicking from the listbox into the text area the text area does not react, has no cursor, like disabled.
If i use the tab key from the listbox to the text area then it works, I have a cursor and can start typing.
any idea what’s going on ?

[quote=129507:@Johann JFK]I have a container control with a listbox and a text area. I can click into the listbox and then into the text area no problem.
But if I move the text area up or down by changing the top attribute then after clicking from the listbox into the text area the text area does not react, has no cursor, like disabled.
If i use the tab key from the listbox to the text area then it works, I have a cursor and can start typing.
any idea what’s going on ?[/quote]

Why not post a short project demonstrating the problem ?

The TextArea is above (or below) the ListBox ?
(even by some pixels))

it is a container control with a listbox on top and underneath a text area.
the listbox can change the height and so I want to move the text area below down.
if the text area get’s moved in the script by changing the top attribute then you can click into the text area
und the cursor does not show and no input possible. if I use the tab key to get to the text area it works fine.

I did now a re-design of my container control where I do not have to move the tex area, and that is working perfectly.

now I located the problem, I have to do an invalidate of the changed object but don’t know where.
I’ll do some testing and hopefully I find it.

now I found a way to do it, in the open event of the window I resize the width of the window by 1 that redraws all the objects and that works for me.

Isn’t it what Invalidate was meant to do ?

that’s right, but invalidate does it not immediately.
after displaying the window I need it straight away, and invalidate does not do it at that time.