xojo apps on Windows store

I was trying to publish an app on the Windows store but I couldnt because I had to use a special installer called appx or similar,
This put me off instantly. Later I read that you can only publish appas made with VB.net
i hope im wrong…
anybody knows ?
Tks

[quote=143453:@Horacio Vilches]I was trying to publish an app on the Windows store but I couldnt because I had to use a special installer called appx or similar,
This put me off instantly. Later I read that you can only publish appas made with VB.net
i hope im wrong…
anybody knows ? [/quote]

The Windows Store takes two kinds of apps : the new API (Metro) applications, and the Desktop applications. New API are called Windows Store applications too, which is quite confusing. Only Visual Studio VB, C# and JavaScript can create those and upload them to the Windows Store.

Desktop apps such as Xojo apps cannot be sold directly on the Windows Store by Microsoft the same way as the Mac App Store. You have to list them in the Windows Store, where they will be listed as Desktop, and when a user clicks Buy, it takes him to your own purchasing page that you have to set up for instance with Paypal or another payment provider and deliver yourself. Or use some software online store. You also have to digitally sign your executable with a Verisign Microsoft Authenticode.
The program to list Desktop apps (Xojo build) is outlined at http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/windows/desktop/dn322034(v=vs.85).aspx