Xojo Apps in the Mac App Store

After reading this page, I think we will never saw a “Xojo built in solution to create applications for the App Store” since so many people found their way by themselves to send application to the app store.

I already trashed the idea some times ago.

Congratulations to all App Store “winners” (posters ? vendors ?).

Personally, I doubt I would have figured out how to prepare an app for the App Store on my own. Fortunately, I discovered AppWrapper Mini and its very helpful developer, Sam Rowlands. I now have an app in the App Store and I’m preparing several more for uploading in the near future.

[quote=40786:@Terrence Findlay]Terrence Findlay 33 minutes ago
Personally, I doubt I would have figured out how to prepare an app for the App Store on my own. Fortunately, I discovered AppWrapper Mini and its very helpful developer, Sam Rowlands. I now have an app in the App Store and I’m preparing several more for uploading in the near future.[/quote]

Same here. Only reading the highly obfuscated Apple literature before had me so worried. And then I bought App Wrapper Mini, and was in business in no time. Sam Rowlands helped me greatly to apply API by supplying graciously his sample code. Blessed be Hohanaware and its evangelists :slight_smile:

[quote=40651:@Emile Schwarz]Emile Schwarz 10 hours ago
After reading this page, I think we will never saw a “Xojo built in solution to create applications for the App Store” since so many people found their way by themselves to send application to the app store.[/quote]

In another topic, some sad soul complains about the price of Xojo. Don’t tell him how profitable the App Store is. Without Xojo, I would not have been able to get as fast to the same result. And now, I am thrilled to know that when Xojo Mobile will be here, I will be able to address the ever larger market of iOS (Goody goody). Then, Xojo will be even more the royal way to the App Store :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

I have just had my Xojo app approved in the Mac App Store:
Blueprint: http://www.appstore.com/mac/Blueprint

Check Printer does what its name says. MICR printing insures checks will be processed by all banks.

Just in : https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/check-printer/id754692884?mt=12

:slight_smile:

Speaking Ringtone Maker. Creates custom, spoken ringtones that can be synced to your iPhone.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/speaking-ringtone-maker/id680254158

So Xojo Mobile is Xojo for iOS ?

Is not. Will be. That is, when it becomes available.

I am already thinking of apps I will be selling in iTunes :slight_smile:

Kid Fonts has just been approved. In time for the holidays :slight_smile:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/kid-fonts/id755567884?ls=1&mt=12

Bought it a few months ago. It’s AWESOME!

BTW: Danke Ken. I will write my 5 Start rating now :wink:

If you would see what APPS you have installed from the MAS, use this litttle app: List My Apps

Or you go Purchases in App Store :wink:

This is an app that is still a work in progress… I am envisioning it as a 3 phase product.
Phase I - an app to create near pixel perfect mockups of iDevice screens (this is the phase I am working on now), output will be only PDF and graphics images for presentation purposes.

Phase II - an upgraded version that will create a XCode project to create “real” screens, with only stubs for actions. This will allow developers to create the interface code, but still have to build the application logic in Xcode. This will allow developer to view the mockups on a true iPhone/iPad or the Xcode simulator.

Phase III - (this may never see a computer other than my own), as it will be a full developement system… It will be a “BASIC-like” syntax with this application creating a full XCODE application (as in the compiler will be XCode, but not require any (or little) XCODE knowledge)

Working application title : RAPID - R)apid A)pplication P)rototyping I)OS D)evices

Pity :frowning:

Phase I and Phase II (in my opinion) do not violate the EULA… but Phase III probably does

Your product will not use Xojo syntax or reverse engineer Xojo. Why would it then violate the EULA ? If you intend not to release it anyways, why even talk about it ?

As I am hoping that Xojo will revise the EULA, and remove certain statements and restrictions.
This is the only programming environment I have ever used that dictated what kind of programs you could NOT deploy

The only requirement I can see is

You agree that if you and/or Xojo, Inc., believe that any applications you create with the Xojo IDE are designed to aid in the development of software using a language other than Xojo, said applications must include a "Made with Xojo" logo in the application's about box and splash screen and must adhere to the rules that govern the use of said logo. Contact Xojo, Inc. to obtain the logos and usage guidelines.

So you will need to place a Made with Xojo. Does not say you cannot distribute ?

PS : Maybe we should continue this discussion in another thread. This is largely becoming OT

Quick Pallet Maker, now at version 5.0.2

I have a bunch, but the one I’m working on right now is Easy Password Storage. Currently 4.5 stars!