Xojo 3.3 opens in some kind of hidden mode

I’ve noticed that when opening Xojo there’s a pretty high chance that it isn’t displayed in the taskbar on Windows 7.

A few times I’ve suspected myself of Alzheimer’s disease only to verify that I had opened Xojo after all, but it was hiding in the background (only accessible by alt+tabbing to it). More than once I’ve tried to open the same project two or three times because I thought it wasn’t opening (but it had, just secretly). Once it has been alt+tabbed to, it will then sit happily in the taskbar.

Is this a known problem?

Hi Joshua,

I have also noticed this happening frequently on my Windows 8.1 - Xojo 2013 r3.3 machine.

In my cases, Xojo doesn’t appear to open when another application has focus before double-clicking on a xojo_binary_project. At least one Xojo project must be open for the second project to have issues attempting to open (or hide).

Thanks Eugene. Good to know that at least it’s not a problem unique to me.

Another thing worth mentioning is that it only seems to happen with double clicking to open a project. Using File->Open to do it doesn’t have this problem (as far as I can tell).

Hi Joshua,

Yes, I usually open Xojo files by double-clicking the filename and this is when the issue happens. Thanks for the added information!

[quote=48839:@Eugene Dakin]Hi Joshua,

Yes, I usually open Xojo files by double-clicking the filename and this is when the issue happens. Thanks for the added information![/quote]
I right click on the Xojo logo in the taskbar and then click my project, to get the same problem.

After looking in Xojo Feedback, I was unable to find a feedback code for this issue. Does a feedback result exist? If not, Joshua, would you like to add one and let me know the case number so that I can add it on my Dashboard? If the case doesn’t exist, the development team will not know about the issue.

Thanks, :slight_smile:

Eugene

I just made a case, but for some reason, my details text field was about two pixels tall. So I tried to enter text there, but had no idea if it had gone in or not, so I put it in the steps field instead. Unbeknownst to me of course it had.

Now the poor thing’s a bit of a mess. I’ll try to clean it up.

Edit: seems that I can’t edit it

<https://xojo.com/issue/31011>

Thanks Joshua,

I am adding a comment to the feedback case. :slight_smile: