Xojo 2020r2: Linux Remote Debugger

Hi everyone,

I am currently testing some projects using the remote debugger on

• Mint Linux 19.2
  • Fedora 28
  • Deepin 15.11 and
  • Fedora 28.

All projects debugger without errors under Xojo 2019r1. If I now debug the projects under Xojo 2020r2, they will only run under Mint Linux 19.2. On all three other distributions, the programs don’t even open, there doesn’t even seem to be a copy operation to the remote folder, although the Xojo IDE shows “Launching Application”.

Can any of you confirm this as well?

I can simply reproduce this. Create a blank Desktop Project unter Xojo 2019r1 and Xojo 2020r2 and Run remotely. BTW I’ve tried to re-install the Remote Debugger on those Linux distributions, but this doesn’t change anything.

@William_Yu , are you aware of this behavior?

If you build the binary and copy it to the machine, do they run?

Sorry I have not noticed this, is this specific to Fedora distros? Please file a bug report with as much detail as you can and we’ll take a look. Are you having any issues remote debugging to Ubuntu distros?

Since I have only a Lite License for macOS I can’t built them for Linux now. Never had any problems to debug them under Linux. I use Remote Debugger 2.3 (64 bit).

I’ve only tested this under those four distributions:

• Mint Linux 19.2
  • Fedora 28
  • Deepin 15.11 and
  • Fedora 28

I suggest putting the Linux IDE on one of the machines you are having trouble with and

a. see if you can run the app
b. if you can’t, Run Paused and then launch the app using a terminal to see if there are any error messages.

My guess is that there’s a new system dependency of some kind that’s only present on Mint 19.

OK, how should the terminal command look like?

./path/to/executable
1 Like

After some reboots of each distribution, I’m no longer able to reproduce this, weird. For now, this thread can be locked.