XOJO 2017R3 Weird crashes, Data is lost or not ?

Hello guys,

I wanted to ask here before I file a report or something, it seems that it happened few times and today I actually saw all the process.

So, I I have a quite big project, I work on it , I save often as I’m afraid not to work for nothing and today same as every other day I worked on it, I save it with Command +S and then once all ok I closed the project from the X red button on the window, then usually either I go Command + Q to quit it or Xojo -> Xojo Quit from the menu.

Many times the app becomes unresponsive and most of the time closes after a while. Once all closed I shutdown my Mac and go.

Today same steps but this time when I Quit XOJO, I don’t remember how, I guess Command +Q the app hang as usual , and this after a while like, 5 , 10 minutes after I closed the project and it freeze the whole Mac, I waited like 30 min and then I just shut it down from the power button and restart it again.

after all the apps restored I get an message from XOJO saying that there is a project unsaved and if I want to restore it , I said yes and what do I see? my project closed earlier comes as not saved and restored.

Now Question. Is this happens because of XOJO or because of this shitty AFPS that only causes errors so far ? sorry for the bad word but it drives me nuts and I don’t want to waste again few days to restore I and put back the old HFS which was way better even on SSD .

Hardware Details :

Model Name: MacBook Pro

Processor Name: Intel Core i7
Processor Speed: 2.7 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 4
Memory: 16 GB

Software Details

System Version: macOS 10.13.4 (17E199)
Boot Volume: SSD

Thanks again.

Seeing the logs now I get :

wakeups_ resource

[quote]WebCore::ElementRuleCollector::collectMatchingRulesForList(WTF::Vector<WebCore::RuleData, 1ul, WTF::CrashOnOverflow, 16ul, WTF::FastMalloc> const*, WebCore::MatchRequest const&, WebCore::StyleResolver::RuleRange&) + 402 (WebCore) [0x7fff3ab8ce52]
9 WebCore::PlatformCALayer::drawLayerContents(CGContext*, WebCore::PlatformCALayer*, WTF::Vector<WebCore::FloatRect, 5ul, WTF::CrashOnOverflow, 16ul, WTF::FastMalloc>&, unsigned int) + 362 (WebCore) [0x7fff3a47d49a]
6 WebCore::RenderLayer::paintForegroundForFragments(WTF::Vector<WebCore::LayerFragment, 1ul, WTF::CrashOnOverflow, 16ul, WTF::FastMalloc> const&, WebCore::GraphicsContext&, WebCore::GraphicsContext&, WebCore::LayoutRect const&, bool, WebCore::RenderLayer::LayerPaintingInfo const&, unsigned int, WebCore::RenderObject*) + 430 (WebCore) [0x7fff3b25143e]
6 WebCore::RenderLayer::paintForegroundForFragmentsWithPhase(WebCore::PaintPhase, WTF::Vector<WebCore::LayerFragment, 1ul, WTF::CrashOnOverflow, 16ul, WTF::FastMalloc> const&, WebCore::GraphicsContext&, WebCore::RenderLayer::LayerPaintingInfo const&, unsigned int, WebCore::RenderObject*) + 403 (WebCore) [0x7fff3b253683]
1 WebCore::RenderLayer::paintForegroundForFragments(WTF::Vector<WebCore::LayerFragment, 1ul, WTF::CrashOnOverflow, 16ul, WTF::FastMalloc> const&, WebCore::GraphicsContext&, WebCore::GraphicsContext&, WebCore::LayoutRect const&, bool, WebCore::RenderLayer::LayerPaintingInfo const&, unsigned int, WebCore::RenderObject*) + 352 (WebCore) [0x7fff3b2513f0]
1 WebCore::RenderLayer::paintForegroundForFragmentsWithPhase(WebCore::PaintPhase, WTF::Vector<WebCore::LayerFragment, 1ul, WTF::CrashOnOverflow, 16ul, WTF::FastMalloc> const&, WebCore::GraphicsContext&, WebCore::RenderLayer::LayerPaintingInfo const&, unsigned int, WebCore::RenderObject*) + 400 (WebCore) [0x7fff3b253680]
1 WebCore::RenderLayer::paintBackgroundForFragments(WTF::Vector<WebCore::LayerFragment, 1ul, WTF::CrashOnOverflow, 16ul, WTF::FastMalloc> const&, WebCore::GraphicsContext&, WebCore::GraphicsContext&, WebCore::LayoutRect const&, bool, WebCore::RenderLayer::LayerPaintingInfo const&, unsigned int, WebCore::RenderObject*) + 146 (WebCore) [0x7fff3b2510a2]
1 WebCore::PlatformCALayer::drawLayerContents(CGContext*, WebCore::PlatformCALayer*, WTF::Vector<WebCore::FloatRect, 5ul, WTF::CrashOnOverflow, 16ul, WTF::FastMalloc>&, unsigned int) + 328 (WebCore) [0x7fff3a47d478]
[/quote]

and cpu_resource

[quote] 1 WTF::Vector<WebCore::SelectorFilter::ParentStackFrame, 0ul, WTF::CrashOnOverflow, 16ul, WTF::FastMalloc>::append(WebCore::SelectorFilter::ParentStackFrame&&) + 1 (WebCore) [0x7fff3abae1f1]
1 WebCore::PlatformCALayer::drawLayerContents(CGContext*, WebCore::PlatformCALayer*, WTF::Vector<WebCore::FloatRect, 5ul, WTF::CrashOnOverflow, 16ul, WTF::FastMalloc>&, unsigned int) + 362 (WebCore) [0x7fff3a47d49a]
1 WebCore::RenderLayer::paintForegroundForFragments(WTF::Vector<WebCore::LayerFragment, 1ul, WTF::CrashOnOverflow, 16ul, WTF::FastMalloc> const&, WebCore::GraphicsContext&, WebCore::GraphicsContext&, WebCore::LayoutRect const&, bool, WebCore::RenderLayer::LayerPaintingInfo const&, unsigned int, WebCore::RenderObject*) + 430 (WebCore) [0x7fff3b25143e]
1 WebCore::RenderLayer::paintForegroundForFragmentsWithPhase(WebCore::PaintPhase, WTF::Vector<WebCore::LayerFragment, 1ul, WTF::CrashOnOverflow, 16ul, WTF::FastMalloc> const&, WebCore::GraphicsContext&, WebCore::RenderLayer::LayerPaintingInfo const&, unsigned int, WebCore::RenderObject*) + 403 (WebCore) [0x7fff3b253683]
[/quote]

Is this something wrong with the Framework ?