Things that new users should know - please feel free to add to this thread with your own issues: if you think the issue is big, serious, and new (don’t just post old bug reports here).
Data Loss Bugs
- VCP/Text format projects will mark a folder tree as obsolete if you Tab into the folder Name field in the Inspector, even if you don’t change it feedback://showreport?report_id=26939 This can be very hard to un-do once it happens. Workaround: copious backups, don’t touch the Folder name in the IDE inspector.
- Binary project saves on Windows 8 may not be reliable? (I’ve not seen this myself, this is second hand).
- Cocoa apps must have a bundle ID, and the error message saying it’s missing takes you to the wrong spot. See https://forum.xojo.com/1445-bundle-id-for-cocoa
- Code tips/method signatures : don’t show up from typing, but you can see them if you mouse over the method name you just typed ( feedback://showreport?report_id=26884 )
- Adding Interfaces is tricky
- Debugger : shows up on multiple Tabs, but only functional on the first tab. feedback://showreport?report_id=26909
- If you hit the Delete key, or Edit/Cut, or Rename the debugger item in the Navigator, the debugger is killed and the IDE will crash later.