a few years ago (2014) I offered an app for macOS and Windows that produced documentation of Xojo projects beyond what the build in printing could do.
It was recently brought to my attention that changes in macOS Sierra, kept the last release from executing. That along with some changes in Xojo since that time prompted me to make a few minor corrections, and a new version is now available on my server.
- This is still based on the syntax and VCS storage format in effect when the program was originally released.
- it was never tested on “Xojo for iOS” projects
- I do NOT know if this format changed with r2017 (I’ve heard rumors that it had) …
- keywords introduced after 2014 may not be properly highlighted.
If there is any renewed interest, I may exert an effort to make changes to support any newer changes in Xojo syntax and/or structure
I certainly still use it Dave but on Windows and its a very handy piece of software that allows me to read my projects via. pdf on a tablet when I am away from a PC.
I still have been using it, but yes, it crashes on macOS 10.13 High Sierra.
It would be great if you could make it run on the latest versions of macOS and Xojo.
Looks interesting, will try it out…
[quote=354448:@Oliver Osswald]I still have been using it, but yes, it crashes on macOS 10.13 High Sierra.
It would be great if you could make it run on the latest versions of macOS and Xojo.[/quote]
Oliver… did you download the most recent version? or are you still running version 0.11???
download the newest one (I posted it just the other day)… I don’t have HS installed yet … but it does now work with Sierra, so I would expect that the changes would apply to HS as well.
Dave, you know I’m interested…
Bill… I send you a PM about this a few days ago… since you were the one the pointed the problem out to me
Dave (I’ve been away a few days but I did get your PM - thanks).
I just downloaded from the link above (version 0.20 build18) and I can’t seem to open the project - every thing is grayed out.
I have saved and tried as Xojo Project, XML Project and Binary project and can’t open any of them. I thought the “Xojo Project” was the same as the VCP format. What am I missing?
the file needs to have an extension of .xojo_project or .rbvcp
HOWEVER… when I went to check this… I noticed that the Filetype in the project was NOT the filetype I just changed it to a few days ago! So now I’m not sure what is going on…
WOW… somehow all the changes I had made have vanished, and the code has reverted back to 2014!
If you can work out how, you can make a fortune if you can apply that to hairloss and wrinkles…
Still don’t know what happened… but I have recreated the required updates, tested it, and verified that all stored copies are correct.
Was interesting that the project had the latest version #, but every single code modification was gone
new version on server…
runs nicely now. of course I get a 1,600 page report…