Xippets News

I have decided to add a new feature to the Xippets site when the next version is released and when we move over to www.xippets.com, a list of declares. @Kem Tekinay has kindly helped me out (‘big time’) in providing the Regex pattern to dig out declares from the Xippets database. I have used this to generate a list of declares and their prototypes and them link them back to the Xippet so you are able to see these in action. Obviously this list relies on the declares being present on the site in the first place within a Xippet but hopefully as the site grows, so will the declares reference list.

The alpha stage screen shot of the declares page can be seen below. I am still working really hard to get the new site up and running for the end of July, tough call but I hope to make it.

I do hope this will prove useful to many people…

Some other features which will be in the release are as follows

• Remember me when you log on
  • Improved text editor with new formatting tags
  • Preview your Xippet before you submit
  • New rating system, replaces the 5 star rating system
  • Mobile friendly responsive site
  • Improved security
  • Revamped user area
  • Inline code snippets
  • Improved commenting system
  • Better site navigation
  • Completely revamped site UI
  • Hyperlinks in Xippets
  • Uploads/Attachments in Xippets (i.e. add sample projects)
    And much more.

Anyway, I have a stack to get on with so I will keep you updated via the Xojo forum. Many thanks to those who continue to post on the Xippets site. All your posts are being transferred to the new site so please continue to post.

I tried to send mail trough the Contacts page but the mail came back as ‘User unknown’. So I am copying it here instead :

To:
sales at boxedbyte.com

I know you are going to implement changes when you change URL, but as I needed to correct one of my posts, I discovered some possible improvements :

• Searching by the user name does not work. I wanted to see all my xippets and searched by ‘michelbujardet’, did not work. It would be more convenient than browsing, especially as you have now many more posts
  • Editing a post would be a nice feature to maintain code
  • Someone tried to copy the code from https://www.boxedbyte.com/xippet_view.php?xippet_id=181 and all lines come stuck together as one single line. It seems no Return is copied. At the time the Code tags did not exist, which does not exhibit the same issue. Editing to add the code tags would solve the problem.

Keep up the good work.
Michel Bujardet

you mean the plain text on top?
it is ok on osx with firefox

select - copy - paste
works the way it should be.

[quote=110723:@Axel Schneider]you mean the plain text on top?
it is ok on osx with firefox

select - copy - paste
works the way it should be.[/quote]

Indeed works fine with Firefox. Not in Chrome or Safari :frowning:

That Xippets code isn’t formatted. The code in this one https://www.boxedbyte.com/xippet_view.php?xippet_id=190 copies and pastes fine for me from Safari.

i think the code need to be background if the code is to be able to copy and paste.

Exactly. Problem is, the original code was added when Xippets just started and I don’t recall if the ‘code’ feature was there. Now would it not be convenient if Xippets could be edited ?

I had to post comments to update, it’s messy :frowning:

understand now… it was back in the beginning of xippet

I’ll check that out. I am receiving mail from this address and from the website so i’m not sure why this was returned as User Unknown.

No, at the moment searching by user has not been implemented. However if you want to see all your Xippets click on ‘My Xippets’ from the left hand menu when you are logged in. Alternatively, when you are in your account page, click on ‘Manage Xippets’ on the left hand menu and you will find a section called ‘My Xippets’.

Log in and click on the edit button on the Xippets page. You can edit any Xippet which is yours.

Alternatively, when you are in your account page, click on ‘Manage Xippets’ on the left hand menu and you will find a section called ‘My Xippets’. Click the edit button next to the Xippets you want to edit.

I have tested this on Safari and IE with other Xippets and it works fine. Are you sure you had end of lines when you posted the code?

Code tags have been present since Xippets was released. You will find older posts that this one which have the code formatting implemented. You can always edit this post now and add the code tags as described above.

[quote=110754:@Michel Bujardet]Exactly. Problem is, the original code was added when Xippets just started and I don’t recall if the ‘code’ feature was there. Now would it not be convenient if Xippets could be edited ?

I had to post comments to update, it’s messy :([/quote]

You need to revisit the site. Ensure you are logged in because editing is allowed. Many users update their Xippets.

Let me know if you need help with this feature.

I was landing directly on the xippet page, so I did not see the Edit button which appears only on the summary. I have now been able to update. Thank you.

Michel, I have implemented this for the next release. You can edit from the listing or from the Xippet itself.

Thank you :slight_smile: